Driver killed 8/7 in Loves Parking lot in Odessa TX?????

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by goodchoice10, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DizzyLizzy

DizzyLizzy Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Beaver,WV.
    Hey goodchoice10 I am not making light of such a tragic situation, If the question you really wanted to ask is if I feel sympathy for this driver? Well the answer to that question is also NO. Sympathy is for Mothers,Doctors and Preists. This driver shared in the responsibility to be aware of his surroundings in which apparently he failed to accomplish. He will however never get to make the same mistake twice............

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    I use the same philosophy in a truck stop as when I'm around monster trucks or race cars, NEVER turn your back on a moving vehicle and always see the driver's eyes. If he's not looking AT you, he doesn't know you're there. Plus, always leave youself an out, never get trapped between a moving vehicle and a stationary object.

NavigatorWife and tinytim Thank this.
  4. DizzyLizzy

DizzyLizzy Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Beaver,WV.
    thats a great idea with the eyes I do that too........

5. starsonwindow

starsonwindow Medium Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Anytime I am walking thru a lot or back to the line after fueling, I make a hello gesture to that driver who just jumped in and updated his log and is about to put it in gear, Never once have I ever had a driver mad at me or send me bad vibes like I messed their delivery appt. up by making them wait 15 seconds to get by the front of their truck, I also try to watch for other drivers who are headed out or into the fuel desk, They have every right to be walking in front of my truck as I did of the others, It doesn't take much to be a little extra cautious and avoid these things like this, I am so sorry to the Family of this guy, he probably had any where from a few more months to a few more years to drive before he would have retired and had the time to spend with this newest Grand Baby and now the Grand Baby will never get to spend time with Grandpa... This is sad and unneccessary, JUST SLOW THE HECK DOWN!!! THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE MINE!!!!

6. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    Saw a driver almost get ran over last week by a truck sliding his tandems, this guy's son was quick to grab that shirt tell and yell, I quote.
    I then proceed to the idiot get a ear full from the CB, and a couple of guys at the fuel desk. Plus the lady behind the counter.

7. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    why slide ur tandems on the fuel island; do that in a parking spot; sheesh most of these driver's don't have the common sense that God gave an ant

8. -insert name-

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    He sure got a good mouth full over that, if I slide my tandems, I do it at a shipper. I only adjust them as needed, not because I want to.

lonelyswmtrucker Thanks this.
  9. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    too many driver's today are too lazy to walk a few steps from the parking lot to the truckstop to get something, so they do EVERYTHING on the fuel island, walking will do u good; i walk all i can, constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure no one is coming & going to run me over

-insert name- Thanks this.
  10. -insert name-

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    I'm always listening. I hear a engine rev I quickly go near a parked truck, just to stay outta the way. But some people you can't see, backing up and one thinks he is a bad%$# and stands where you can't see him, but feel him.

lonelyswmtrucker Thanks this.
  11. Glimmer

Glimmer Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    SEMO
    Anytime Im walking through the parking lot and I see a big truck coming at me, I stop and stand out of the way until I see what the drivers intentions is and most of the time they will wave me on across. As far as the young drivers, well, they better start developing a brain. Im always seeing young drivers speeding through the lot. Seen a young driver the other day speeding for the exit of the lot and I heard him grab 4 gears before he was out of the lot and thats BS, and the way the truck sounded, Im betting one of them gears was on the high side. there is absolutely no reason to drive that fast in a truck stop. Every time I see someone speeding through the lot Im wishing I had some spike strips like the cops have. You kids need to SLOW DOWN!!! or your gonna end up getting more than you bargained for.

Joetro Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.