Driver Killed At Truck Stop In Accident

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Never let your guard down around heavy equipment. When walking or moving around machinery assume every operator has a room temp IQ with poor vision.

tinytim and Bud A. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    For as far back as I can remember since early childhood, I have been responsible for not getting myself run over by cars, trucks, busses, trains, forklifts, and anything else. That’s why I’ve always thought safety vests are ridiculous. It’s foolish to put yourself in harms way just cuz you have a bright yellow glowing reflective invincibility vest on. This is a tragic situation for all involved. RIP driver.

AModelCat, tinytim, starmac and 3 others Thank this.
  4. allniter

allniter Medium Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I 10 FL exit 70
    Words to live by Mototom. I've witnessed plenty of close calls inside warehouses, they hammer done on those forks. When a trlr needed a sweep out before loading I'd not lower the dock plate til I was through sweeping out or alternately put a trash can, pallet or something to stop the fork from running into the trlr hammer down.

5. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Light-Running-Vest-6-768x768.jpg A lot of parking lots are pitch black includes the one I work in.
    Public and Private places are to cheap to have sufficient lighting when mega tears one out of the ground they just fill the hole with dirt , I chuckled at the ivinsibility vest , I seen one the other day on joggers with flahing LEDs.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I never turn my back on rolling stock. I actually used to be a corner worker at a race track. (I had to restack cones before the next car passed. The other corner worker assessed penalties and ran the radio and the third guy manned the flag and fire extinguisher. We rotated every few laps.) It's actually not all that difficult to dodge a car bearing down on you at 50-70. Just go sideways.

Still things I'll never do again. Crawl under a truck, or cut behind other parked trucks, or work behind my trailer when it's parked.
    About a month ago I had a guy spotting me into a dock in NY, UNION guy(!), he went behind my truck and I pulled the brakes and got out, and got in his face. It got pretty heated.

I said, "I don't care how much seniority you have around here, and your people can throw me out of here for all I care, BUT YOU DO NOT WALK BETWEEN MY TRAILER AND A DOCK WHEN I'M BACKING!!! I am not having a fatality on my conscious!" Steward wrote him up.

I think this is the pedestrians fault here. Gotta have eyes on a swivel. You're responsible for your own feet.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  7. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    May she rest in peace ,just horrible.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.