Driver suspected of point to point in the US

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by amilio, Apr 30, 2021.

1. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Log book. Bol's.
    Shipper, broker or receiver reported (true or false) said it happened.

bzinger and dancecanyon Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    My guess is he got caught, now is wondering if it’s on his record if and when he tries to cross again. He was an idiot and deserves it.

Western flyer and Coffey Thank this.
  4. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    YA GET A HAT AND A TSHIRT STATING AS MUCH:D

5. dancecanyon

dancecanyon Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Mind you, I’ve heard tell of some companies who apparently do it all the time and have yet to be caught. I was picking up stone in Indiana late last year and the driver in front of me was picking up her load to take to Massachusetts. From there she would get another load along the eastern seaboard or a load taking her back into Quebec. That was a fairly common week for her.....unless we misunderstood one another with broken English and French.

Anyway, one would think your buddy would have a more formal charge against him than, “We suspect you of this so prove us wrong.”

amilio and bzinger Thank this.
  6. JayTee

JayTee Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    They don't, unless you get ratted out. However, every time you cross either way, CBP has a recorded time sent to them, there is actually a government website (cbp.gov, I believe), where you can put your passport # in and see every crossing you've made. So, if you cross on April 15th with a load for wherever, and appear at the Canadian side 15 days later with an empty trailer, or a load you picked up yesterday, there's gonna be a lot of questions.

7. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    As someone who did open board LTL and FTL Produce Reefer in the US, you're both correct.

I was accused of inter-stating MANY times, based on what CBSA/CBP "Thought" my runs should take. They of course didn't understand 8 drops, 8 picks, resets, layovers, the amount of waiting there is in reefer for produce etc etc. The also used to get Single VS Team timings mixed up. It never amounted to more than a ton of questions, which usually satisfied their accusations.

Only one time, did it come down to a log review (ELD), which again cleared up the situation. So if this guy is in legit trouble for Interstating, then they have proof he did it.

8. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Exactly, they have evidence.

Coffey Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.