Driver tells FMCSA he doesn't follow their rules

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Tb0n3, Sep 19, 2019.

1. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Not sure what you mean, I am well aware and educated in the regs. And I do not run ELD.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Ok I'm seen what your saying, and your right to that point. That has been is acceptable to a point. I dont use eld, I will not ok Macropoint, or any other service.

4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    With the majority of warehouses moving to JIT there's a rush whether you're on paper or ELOGs. This isn't the 1960s where the load would get there when it gets there.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You may be forced into those services eventually. Many brokers are making macropoint mandatory. I cant blame them for using the technology. I mean the loads we haul are worth thousands and in some cases millions of dollars. They aren't worried so much about you as they are the freight. With this much money involved, why wouldn't they track the freight?

jamespmack Thanks this.
  6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    If they were so worried about the freight they can track the freight, not me. Toss in a GPS tracker in the trailer and all should be good. Micropoint is just the shippers/receivers/brokers pushing the costs on the driver. And doing it with a product that specifically states in their privacy policy they will sell everything they can collect on you.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    PoleCrusher and jamespmack Thank this.
  7. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

I'm a professional independent owner operator. Call me, or I'll call you. Otherwise noted the truck is on time to be were it belongs everytime.

PoleCrusher and ZVar Thank this.
  8. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Why would you help the brokers steal all your other customers that you didn't get through any broker?

PoleCrusher and jamespmack Thank this.
  9. jamespmack

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Macropoint had been proven its accessible even when opted out. If you read the terms and condition on macro, you are allowing them access to your location and contacts at all times.

I told a lady, my company policy is not to allow access to company owned phones, then asked her if I could have access to there computer.

Then just told her I have a flip phone.

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    A GPS in the trailer? Makes no sense. You're being tracked regardless of. It's really not that big of a deal. Its business. Drivers go on like the tracking is so precise that the brokers can watch you shower. I bet all of you track your packages that you order from amazon, ups, or whoever. So many drivers get bent out of shape about minor stuff. If that's what the broker requires, so what...all you gotta do is delete it off your phone once your done. I mean....its business.

11. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    So why do they need to be able to track your phone, which last I heard was accurate to within a few feet? Why isn't it just good enough to tell their customer it's on the way, that's all the closer you really get to tracking a UPS type package.

jamespmack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.