Driver tries to jack my parking spot...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by windsmith, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    So I hit the Love's in Fort Mill, SC at 5:15pm. No parking spots, so pull in and fuel up. Finish fueling, still no spots, so I back onto the grass in the corner of the lot and head in to get a sandwich at Subway. When I come out, there's a flatbed leaving one of the spots behind the store at the entrance to the fuel islands, so I hoof it to my truck and wheel around the tire shop. As I'm coming down the hill, a truck that had just entered the lot cuts me off from the driveway in front of the tire shop and makes a beeline for the spot. :|

After a few minutes of discussion about how I'd been staged for about 30 minutes waiting for a spot to open, and showing him my fuel receipt with timestamp, he relented in a huff. Not that he HAD to, but it's just the principle of it all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    It's not your spot, it belongs to Love's, If i would have beaten you to it I wouldn't have given it up. I also wouldn't have driven dangerously by cutting someone off either. So you would have probably got the spot.

jbatmick, Lonesome, anj8488 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Reminds me of the time I was backing into a spot at the Pilot in Hagerstown. D.M. Bowman truck comes within a couple feet of my trailer to run nose-in into that spot. And it's not like there weren't empty spots - I just moved about four spots down and backed in there. There was also a brief confrontation between the Bowman driver and I... seemed a bit strange to me that he'd take such a risk to get a closer spot to the building, only to waddle his porky ### down to where I was.

5. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Yeah, this guy was a huge Russian - I wouldn't have pushed it much further :p

6. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I did 34 there last weekend. The lazy ones park along the curb at the exit to the fuel island now.

So, HE cuts you off, then waddles over to YOUR truck to give you c h i t about it? I don't get it.

7. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    boy are you on your way to becoming a super-trucker.

video taping and putting on the net everyone's mistakes on the road. Handing out parking cards when you don't know all the conditions. People stealing your parking spot and putting up a stink over something that doesn't have your name written on it with a silver invitation.

Where can I buy you a cup of coffee.

hup, jgremlin, mslashbar and 9 others Thank this.
  8. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    +1 (ten char)

9. windsmith

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    First of all, I don't consider having your computer on the steering wheel while driving down the interstate a 'mistake'. And if you consider that a simple mistake, perhaps YOU don't need to be out there on the road with us.

You twist my statement about the relevance of the card to a few parking jobs that I've seen lately to mean that I'm planning to plaster them on every truck that I see from now on.

And a driver that pulls into a full lot and SEES me leaving my spot on the grass for a 'real' parking spot and then tries to weasel into it - sorry, but that's not something I personally would do, and yes I'll call someone else out on it.

YOU are the FIRST one to complain about others' driving habits when they don't suit you, and yet you want to point the finger at me and accuse me of developing 'supertrucker' traits when i do the same?

I think you need to lose that chip you've got on your shoulder.

Forget the coffee; I'll PM you the link to my Amazon registry along with a link to the fingerless gloves I've been wanting :)

SHC Thanks this.
  10. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    How do you know what he saw? How do you know he knew what your intentions were?
    Perhaps he was a supertrucker like yourself and he just thought you did a poor job of parking.....

last 1 and Gizmo_Man Thank this.
  11. TRUCK3R M1KE

TRUCK3R M1KE Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Spokane

Attached Files:

DrtyDiesel, Sincere1, MNdriver and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.