Driver tries to jack my parking spot...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by windsmith, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireba11

fireba11 Heavy Load Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Tracy City, TN
    shoot, telling people to shut up and just drive their own truck...lol...been hearing that for the last 24 years, nothing new there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    No. not at all.

I was just about out of hours at the Roanoke T/A one night. It was about 8:00PM, and anyone who knows anything, knows that Roanoke can be a real pita to get a spot in. Long story short, I had looped the lot a few times waiting for something to open up. One did, but I was facing the wrong way (would have been a tough blindside) so I went to the end of the row to turn around. In the time it took me to do that, another driver came out of the fuel islands and snagged the spot. Was I ticked off? Sure, but the thing is, no one "owns" a parking spot until they are in it (or at least set up to back in). I was nowhere near it and it was fair game and he beat me to it. A few minutes later another one opened up and I got parked for the night.

Logan76 and TRKRSHONEY Thank this.
  4. richter111

richter111 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Just a word of advice, I too have less than one year in trucking, and to be honest, I am too busy taking care of my business to worry about the business of others. I understand your concerns for the safety of others, but your actions to make things safer, actually make it worse. And waving a reciept at someone telling them you took my spot...

Lets just say you got lucky. You catch the wrong guy, and things could go very , very bad.

If you are 43 you know that many times in your life, you have learned something new and later, looked back and had to chuckle to yourself at your inexperience and the silly things you have done.

Please learn how to SAFELY drive YOUR truck. That is the biggest thing you can do to make the highways safer.

5. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    I was wondering the same thing. So from now on when ever we pull in a truck stop and see a open spot we should not park in it instead make a sign (seeing everyone dont use a cb) asking was anyone waiting on this spot and walk around the lot

6. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Voyager1968 and aiwiron Thank this.
  7. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Something the E log drivers have to know how to fill out when that thing a ma jig goes postal and stops working.

Logan76 Thanks this.
  8. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Guess I forgot how to use paper when I came to Schneider.... Duh

SHC Thanks this.
  9. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Rumor has it that Schneider lobotomy's are 99% successful.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.