driver /w 6yrs~ exp looking for recommendations

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by IAmNothing, Jan 6, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmNothing

IAmNothing Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2024
    -4.5yrs~ flatbed exp with tmc and maintained strong rep/relations there. didnt do much oversize. preferred to stick with nonoversize loads. i was type to not want to lose a minute ever unless schedule could afford it. sacrificed comforts not idling, skipping showers, parking at cons everytime i could, etc to maintained 32%+ the whole time after initial learning phase. likely wont run that hard/serious anymore though, but wont slack off and still do my job well
    -1yr8mos home daily dry van. was nightshift dedicated 1stop unload/reload myself routine
    -extremely honest to the point im ok with looking bad for it and sometimes do for my own fun, clean record, never been in an accident, and staying sober is strong belief of mine. never even smoked a cigarette before
    -mid30s and in good shape/health. i weigh 160ish /w fit build, dont go to dr, and dont take any meds. actually big on staying natural and extremely medical/pharma hesitant
    -doubles/triples/tanker endorsements/passport card. dotmedcert renewed 12/1/23 for another 2 years already. been through twic/haz process before but expired
    -preferred stick/manual in past but willing to drive automatics, so no restrictions

i liked my last job but quit when they added the lytx inward cameras. left on good terms and they understood my side of it. we liked/respected/could depend on each other and said theyd hire me back. i also had a lot of hard personal life things to deal with and decided not to look for work til recently since i could afford too. that was 2yrs ago and the only gap of employment ive had. not a welfare bum. never have taken welfare before even when separating from air force since its against my beliefs

i decided to wait on going back to tmc for now to see what else i can get since id rather not deal with tarps again currently. especially in the winter. also was difficult to get a truck without inward cameras while i was there and figure wont be an option anymore

the biggest thing is im searching for a company that has no inward cameras especially not ones like lytx/worse. im ok with and like outward cameras only. i figure there will still be enough opportunity in otr/regional to be noncompromising on it. home daily id be open to it if not lytx/worse if job is good enough and not working the same life as otr anyway and just home at night. ill take less pay/benefits/etc to avoid those inward cameras

if i go otr/regional then this time im willing to stay out some and plan to even sell my house and just live in the truck. which is why id also like a company that has nice extras like apu/inverters/fridge/etc. im a single loner, have been a long time and plan to stay that way, and dont do pets. prefer not to run northeast/california

im from the ft smith, arkansas area. any recommendations would be much appreciated since seems companies dont advertise no inward cameras and figure most have them so youd be saving me alot of work/time. ive browsed the forum some and noticed marten has been mentioned for no driver facing cameras and are in a high place with me for it that i plan to contact but looking for any other options to compare or in case it dont work out for whatever reason. thanks

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    IAmNothing Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Check with IWX Motor Freight and ask about cameras.

IAmNothing Thanks this.
  5. IAmNothing

Jan 6, 2024
    thank you very much for these recommendations sir. the reason i knew of marten was finding you mentioning it in other threads on this forum. after doing some searching in this forum ive noticed you have frequently been active here in helping drivers find what they may be looking for in a job with recommendations which is very kind of you

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. blacklabel

blacklabel Heavy Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    MO
    Looking for class A driver with 1+ years experience for a TEAM driving position out of Springfield MO, Atlanta GA or Nashville TN. It’s a 1099 position. Pay is .75 per mile for the driver between 5000-6000 miles a week split. So 5000 miles driven means 2500 miles to you at .75 pm is $1875. 70% drop and hook terminal to terminal, there will be live load and unloading. Must be clean and willing to take showers often. Home time can be discussed but at least 2 weeks out at a time. No sap. Clean driving record required. No criminal background. Message me if interested.

7. IAmNothing

Jan 6, 2024
    sorry, not interested in team/1099

blacklabel Thanks this.
  8. IAmNothing

Jan 6, 2024
    not seeing the option for me to edit my original post. guess theres a time limit?

9. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Yes. Twenty-four (24) hours after your post. After that, only a moderator can edit the post.

IAmNothing Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.