Drivers beware of Hirschbach

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ifalconboy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. dannyboyb31

dannyboyb31 Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2005
    Why does you IP address go to a trucking Company? I notice you are very hard on your fellow drivers in just about every post. If I didn't know better I think would think your an industry insider in here to cause trouble. I can give you many reasons not to go to Hirschbach Motor Lines from looking at thier website:

1. No Health Insurance until you have been employed for a full year. READ the fine print what you get after 30 days is Starbridge Select which is not health insurance but an Accident Plan. At one year mark you may enroll in the Blue Cross Blue Sheild plan
    2. No dentition pay and they haul meat, anyone that has ever hauled it will tell you your going to be detained at shipper and reciever every load. Packing houses and grocery warehouses are not exactly Nirvana for Truckers.
    3. up to 21 days before home time
    4. 92 cents a mile for owner ops with a fuel surcharge not the fuel surcharge

From FMRC Saftey Profile they look good on inspections but that is a reflection of the drivers but have a fatality and 29 crashes with injuries with last 24 months.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boone315

boone315 Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    black lake ny
    there was nothing done in a "hurry" in that yard, darn mudpuddles were waist deep and everywhere

4. Eyepoppa

Eyepoppa Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2009
    MS
    If hirschbach is so bad, y are there so few thread, post r what ever on how they treat their drivers? I just left Covenant trans, and u what to know bad companies try them 4 a year r more.

I guess ill just have 2 take my chances.

BeerHauler Thanks this.
  5. Saddle Tramp

Saddle Tramp Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2009
    laurel, nebraska
    my wife's unckle had 2 trucks leased to hirschbach back in '79-80 & i drove one of them. we didn't have any problem with them. as for meat loads, we pulled a lot of swing meat loads to winn dixie in greenville sc. i guess it's what you make of it. do your job & they'll leave you alone, screw up & be on you all the time.:biggrin_25514:

BeerHauler Thanks this.
  6. vanderholf

vanderholf Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2009
    hubbard,oh
    This guy is so miss guided i don't know where to start.
    they pay layover , hold over, an real drivers who deliver to meat houses know that your normally delivered before 6 am ... Sounds like a driver that couldnt deliver on time or like being out on road to make a living go back to your daycab steering wheel holder leave the trucking to the proffesionals

BeerHauler and roaddawg92 Thank this.
  7. BeerHauler

BeerHauler Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2009
    trenton,ohio
    Well i am in the process of going to hirschbach..my friend id ther now he say's it is good..he doesnt sit much..he get's good run's..and as far as the insurance well i can w8 a year for blue cross and blue shield thats good insurance!!they do pay layover...
    hell it is only 400 trucks large. so thats a plus to me !!i am leaving a 800 truck company to go to a smaller outfit!!

8. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Live and learn,I guess!Good luck to you though,beerhauler.....:biggrin_2556:

9. oldvet57

oldvet57 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I don't see problems with companies using DAC for what it is meant for: to provide a driver's history. Falsified items on a DAC can be contested, and think about it: if a company was to be continually accused of falsifying DAC reports, wouldn't they eventually be called on the carpet for that. I doubt that a company could afford to just freely go around falsifying DAC reports. Eventually there would be a price to pay. It would be bad for business.

What Falconboy does NOT tell us is whether or not what Hirshbach put on his DAC was accurate. He does not tell us that the company falsified information.

10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I guess if it's never happened to you consider yourself lucky. It hasn't happened to me, and I do, but I've only had one trucking job my entire 10 year career. My point is companies are widely known to not be honest and fair in many respects. Falsifying DAC reports is a routine matter for many companies posted about on this forum. Some drivers dont have anything to whine about, like the guy who started this thread who knows???, but there are many out there who have been wronged by companies lying to DAC and that is not right. And you say "eventually there will be a price to pay" well we would all like to see that because I have never heard of anything ever happening to companies that abuse DAC. There is NO recourse they dont have to answer to anyone. It costs a driver tons of time and money to fight stuff like this.

11. strat24

strat24 Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Illinois

You think just because someone drives a daycab and sleeps at home he is just a steering wheel holder? That has to be the dumbest thing I have read on here. You try working 12hrs driving through city traffic hitting 10+ docks a day and see how much of a steering wheel holder they are. When it comes to skill I'll put most daycab drivers against anyone in a skills test.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.