Drivers beware of Hirschbach

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ifalconboy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Where did the guy who started this thread go??? We only want some details, when you don't give the details and then dissapear then your credability is in the sh1tter.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Barnegat,Nj
    I agree daycab drivers are skilled,like too see some of these otr supertruckers in the city

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I'm not a daycab driver but I'll take that challenge for the city and I do hope you mean NYC! I love driving NYC as I did a dedicated multi drop for 2 years before becoming medically retired from driving! I'll even add a little Boston to that also! I have to add I also have a few months doing yard work! LOL But they are right, City and local drivers do walk the walk and talk the talk when it comes to who does a better job! There is a big difference to going forward for a day or two before hitting a dock and those who stay in reverse as much as OTR drivers do in 10th! And remember I'd rather do the OTR over the local as I'm a tad bit lazy! Local work is just that WORK! ROFLMAO! have fun drivers!

Vincent2254 Thanks this.
  5. roaddawg92

roaddawg92 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2007
    texas
    im still waiting for the details

6. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    Most big companies are continually accused of falsifying DAC reports. DAC doesn't care. Sometimes you can get stuff thats wrong removed, sometimes you cant.

I'm honestly worried about mine. Had a couple of really minor incidents that the company considers to be full blown accidents. Getting ready to leave Werner, who knows what they might say....hopefully they do like CRST and dont even report that i ever worked here. I'm going to go home in two weeks, take everything that i want to keep that wont fit in a bag on a bus, give notice, and hopefully they let me run hard for 2 weeks and drop the truck off in Channahon or Indy. I won't ride a bus from there but i figured if they want to mess with me and make me drop it off in omaha....well, i cant really get a ride from 500 miles away from my momma!

7. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I'm going to apply for a local job this weekend....dedicated mcdonalds bun run, my dad used to work for the place. Never applied there before because I didn't have the gas to drive to downtown chicago before just to apply (they demand applying in person). Company is right next to a low bridge. Fun, huh? I'm pretty good at delivering with a liftgate in a ridiculously tight busy place with 4 wheelers everywhere with a 53' and a sleeper (dollar general), so i should have no problem doing it with a 40' and a daycab...however, daycabs hurt my knees because im tall and some of the routes have a lot of highway miles...

anyhow, when my dad was working there, it was like $1000/week salary, 4 days a week 10 hours a day. Can you really argue with that? I'd even do dollar general runs for that, and those SUCK. And this is the only company my dad has ever worked for that is still in business. If they'll hire him they'll hire anyone....hahahahaha....

8. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Barnegat,Nj
    I drive A 1stack mack with a window in the back,I pull a walking floor hauling recyclables for local goverment.If i run hard i might drive 120 miles a day,we only go from 1 yard to the other.I don`t have to put up with dot,logbooks,etc the hardest thing i do is open the rear door and let the crap fall out onto the tipping floor.
    The pay is ok(as long as momma works too)Fully paid benefits,12 holidays,sick/personal days.Unlike Otr drivers,i get paid for everything i do
    I used to run the 5 boros when I was working for Jevic in a road tractor,been all over,most major cities

9. Trouble65

Trouble65 Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    The original post was started over a year ago. You might be waiting for a long time.:biggrin_25518:

10. Double S

Double S Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I know this is an old post but, there is a complete difference of drivers between day cab and OTR. It's like comparing apples to oranges and go-carts to NASCAR. Take a one or two axle short truck and compare it to a road truck, I don't think so. Take a road truck driver and switch him with a day cab driver and see who wins. My money is on the road truck driver and I am talking more owner ops and real drivers, than swift ect. steering wheel holders also. I would bet that the day cab driver will be running all over things and the other will be jacking it back.

11. EastPATrkr

EastPATrkr Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Somewhere Out There!
    i applied to this company,seem ok,but then again,who doesnt recruiting wise,anyone have honest info on Hirschbach?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.