Drivers beware of jones motor express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dieselsmoke343, Feb 17, 2011.

1. zx150

zx150 Medium Load Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Talked to one of their recruiters the other day. Sounds pretty good but there is a $195/week trailer charge. I've never had to deal with trailer rental fees(not sure what the going rate usually is) but it almost sounds like it would be cheaper to buy my own box at that price.

No age requirements and they use a tablet ELD for folks running an old dinosaur like mine.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dee train express

Dee train express Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Good looking out Driver

4. Big- countryk5

Big- countryk5 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Amen brother!!!

5. Big- countryk5

Big- countryk5 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2016
    I'm not leased to jones, but i know a bunch of tits when I see them. Trucking ain't for everyone fellas.

6. NCSCOOTER

NCSCOOTER Bobtail Member

May 23, 2018
    There is no union drivers they are all owner operators at jones

blade Thanks this.
  7. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    If we had a union for O/O’s I would hope things would be better out here we would be able to buy like these big carriers!! Demand better pricing on fuel parts and shop labor hell even get lower prices on equipment purchases boy would that be something

8. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    When the industry was unionized nobody could get an authority due to their stranglehold on the industry. It's much closer to a free market now. Unions are cancer!

true blue and Mr. Griz Thank this.
  9. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014

Yep , but you guys ain't smart enough to get past the first step by sticking together and standing up for yourselves on issues that really matter the most : like back in 1985 how when the truckers had the biggest trucker strike ever in American history : over deregulations on the frt. but it only lasted a whole 2 weeks because most of the Owner operators bent over and flipped up their skirts like good little bend-over babies do .
    So we really appreciate you getting goods here , ...but naw , you don't get any respect because deep down inside you know you took a lazy man's job just to get out of doing real work.
    And we don't feel bit sorry for all your health issues from sitting on your butt for hrs all day & half the night.

Reality is : truckers are the laughing stock of this nation and they don't deserve a Union job

Hmmmm ....this should stir the pot

10. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Did not say the entire industry I said it would be nice if o/o’s could have a union
    if it’s a union for o/o’s I think that would include guys with there own numbers since there o/o’s as well!!! No where did I mention company drivers or the mega carriers!!!! I’m pretty sure since I reread my post and when you quoted it I said if there was a union for o/o’s!!! Which means not the entire trucking industry just o/o’s.. and last unions aren’t bad for what there setup to do it’s the greedy alderman’s or whoever gets positions of leadership that get greedy that are the problem.. the fact that people don’t even take the time to read and analyze a comment before typing,speaking, and or voting is the reason unions have issues not the union itself but I’m just one opinion

11. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I understand where you're coming from but unions are not the answer. Read how the industry was before deregulation when the Unions dictated who got operating authorities and who didn't. You think Union leaders aren't greedy? You need to really understand how it all worked back then. These guys that support how it before deregulation clearly didn't have their own operating authorities and were more than happy being a company stooge. We can get political without the need for a union. If we pulled together and paid Congress to pass laws like the megas (and other Crony Capitalists) do we make change happen. It takes money, not Unions.

Deregulation of the trucking industry has resulted in more...

Mr. Griz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.