Drivers burned inside concrete mixer trucks hazard

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Jimjim15, Jun 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimjim15

Jimjim15 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2022
    Hmmm very suspect here. Clearly an OshKosh blogger. Filling their pockets and your own is the way this reads to the 39 people sitting in this forum exchanging relative safety information. Possibly we are wrong however that is how it reads when reading it. If valves are located outside of the cement truck..... and the drivers are driving loaded mixers.... please tell me when a hose randomly bursts scalding, burning, boiling and melting a drivers body filling the cab with 220 degree steam and white fog...... please tell us how the driver is supposed to turn off the valve?? We are all curious. Clearly you have some serious inside information so be kind enough to let us know. This way we can educate these drivers on how they are to drive the truck avoiding killing someone, while being burned. Then you are staying it is the drivers responsibility to reach out of the truck while driving and being burned I might add and reach to the back of the truck and turn off the valves?????? Please , please tell us. We are here to educate and help the drivers. If you have the inside information on that trucking maneuver we want to know please. Bottom line it is OshKosh’s faulty design of this front loading cement mixer truck. You do not put hoses exposed at ones feet with no barrier or shield that can at any given moment burst and massively injure the drivers. That is the concern!!!! Spread the word and save the drivers. You don’t need google search and sit at the phones. Do the leg work please go to different cement companies and ask the drivers personally, talk to the owners, we did. Call OshKosh call the other manufactures we did! Please before you go and blame drivers and maintenance workers. Is it in a OshKosh manual at what mileage or month you change these things? Please show us OshKosh manual for these trucks. Do not please blame anyone but the people that designed it. We have done the keg work, if you personally seen these injuries, if you listened to the screams of these drivers in burn units being scrapped of their damaged skin every 12 hours for weeks and months across the country you might feel differently of the design. Does it really cost that much to shield or encase the hoses? Have the OshKosh design team ever been burned, scalded, boiled, melted by the hose bursting on them. Save the drivers get rid of this catastrophic design Oshkosh.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    So what do u think u are going to get accomplished by doing nothing other than writing about it on am internet forum? I will agree with you it is a ####ty design by the manufacturer. But the only way to get that stuffed changed and the only way to make it in the future where it doesnt happen in the future. Is to bring lawyers into the picture. That is the only way to get anything done anymore. It is an unfortunate truth.

Screaming at the top of the hill to anybody that will listen and when they disagree with you. berating them and calling them oshkosh bloggers (whatervr the hell that means) accomplishes nothing but diminshes the orginal message you are trying to get out there.

wis bang Thanks this.
  4. Jimjim15

Jimjim15 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2022
    I’m not berating people!! I’m doing much. As much as one person that first hand witnessed the screams from men can. Why fill the pockets of lawyers as well. Are you saying that you don’t believe in the power of messages and knowledge across the industries. I do! We all do!! Please spread the word that is all that we are asking. Save a drivers life or body from being burned and boiled. We have the people that physically cannot use their legs anymore doing our social forums. Helping anyway they can. Sorry if you felt berated. We felt attacked that we were somehow responsible for not turning off a valve or maintaining hoses. What CDL driver does that? Do they even know how to? What driver is a licensed mechanic. Maybe there are some. I’m not sure. We just need people to show the pictures posted of Burns posted earlier and allow the information to get in the drivers hands to keep them aware and safe. That is all. As for a blogger.....in this situation it is someone who keeps negating every informative message to protect the manufacturer. No need for argument you agree the design is ####ty. So if you can spread the word if the potential danger. You might that person to save a drivers life or legs. Thank you. Safe travels.

5. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    The only thing that will save a driver in the future is to get a lawyer to sue the pants off thr manufacturer. Your victims will be compensated as well as the design will be redesigned in thr future so that this doesnt happen again.... In your world lawyers are bad... So your victims will never be compensated for their injuries and it will continue happening in the future no matter how loud u scream from the mountaintop. Nothing moves forward outside the court... That just the reality of the world we live in. good luck in your adventures... And god bless the victims who were burned and will continue to be burned

6. Jimjim15

Jimjim15 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2022
    Never, ever said lawyers are bad!! My own family and friends are comprised of Judges and Lawyers. What spreads quicker? A room filled with injured workers wanting to spread their message like a wild fire or waiting on a Court Calendar for a date to be heard? I am sure you know the right answer. I’m trying to save people from being burned the quickest way possible. You know a better way please let us all know. Knowledge is power and we all can benefit from educated knowledge.

7. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Ive certainly let you know a much better way, but my advice is not being recieved by you very well.. You have a slam dunk court case on your hands if any of this stuff is actually true... But seems you dont want to actually get anything done. Like i said good luck to you. If this happened to one of my family members or friends. I would be in court along time ago , actually trying to get something done and i dont have access to the "judges and lawyers made up in my family.. A shame that u have access to those resources but dont seem to want to do anything but scream from the mountaintop

8. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I see it everyday at two places I deliver to. Small outfits that are pretty laid back. And they run Oshkosh front mixers. Guess I'll pass the word

REO6205 Thanks this.
  9. W923

W923 Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2022
    Seems to me Jim Jim might be a timberland salesman just as much as any of us are oshkosh defenders. The situation sucks and I hope you relative can have a good recovery but honestly I think this whole deal is probably the least of any drivers worries. Ever lost a steer tire at 75…it’s no fun to say the least but I bet it’s far more common and no one is ranting about the poor design from xxxxx tire manufacturer. What about the battery in the cab on some Pete’s…having been around an exploding battery that’s a scary thought. As others have pointed out it’s most likely related to maintenance I would guess that hose has a burst pressure rating of around 250 psi and is silicone so should last a very long time…maybe go after the hose manufacturer to.
    I don’t mean to make your relatives conditions seem light but #### happens man. Just for the record I know no one at Oshkosh nor do I own or have anything to do with them
    Thanks for your input I will look at that situation if I am ever asked to operate one and best wishes

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    The only thing that picture proves is that the subject suffered an injury to their legs.

It does not prove that that injury was caused by a burst heater hose. It does not prove that the injury was caused by an OshKosh mixer truck. It proves nothing except that that poor person suffered an injury to their legs - and I do wish them a full & speedy recovery, with as little pain as possible.

D.Tibbitt and Speedy356 Thank this.
  11. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    They should have been closed once the weather got warm enough that the driver would not need to use the heater anymore.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.