Drivers Daily Log Software

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Hawker, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Hawker

Hawker Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Columbia, MO
    Have any of you tried it?

How well was it received by your employer and DOT?

I have a copy of it and I've been fooling around with it. It is a very powerful program that allows you to track and make reports for pretty much everything, from HOS to expenses and loads. It will even point out logbook violations and allow you to print or email your logs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    From what I've heard DOT hassles you less when using that software.

4. Steve & Lo

Steve & Lo Medium Load Member

May 22, 2007
    Tennessee
    They DEFINITELY hassle you less with the software.....Cuz' they know you know it's right.....with all the warnings for violations that it has built in.... You would have to be an idiot to get caught with something wrong....well, you could do like I do and just be too lazy to click on a few buttons...LOL

I use if for myself and my wife....it works especially well for teams.....you can see exactly what your partner is doing any time you draw a line.....sooooo.......no violations.

Use it every day! And my Log Auditor # Prime loves me for it! Most like it because lots of us don't write clear enough for them to read....

5. Roadie363

Roadie363 Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Tulsa, Ok
    What is the name of the software you're using? Cost? Do you need a printer to make it usable for your company, DOT, etc?

6. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Drivers Daily Log.... google it and you'll find it. Or DDL for short. Yes you must have a printer.

xxpigxx Thanks this.
  7. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    The one thing you have to remember when using DDL, You have to have a way to print out a copy so you can sign it. It is requirement that they can hang you on. It does not fully qualify as a electronic log system. So when you get done, print it out and sign a copy to keep on habd in the truck for 7 days, as per the FMCSA requirement. This is why I still use loose leaf logs, and use DDL to check them, for me it seems to be the easier way.

8. Gazoo

Gazoo Resident Mental Patient

Apr 14, 2007
    Bedrock
    I Love It And Will Never Go Back To Paper Logs!!! Period!!!!

9. n4mgr

n4mgr Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Silver City, NM
    I use DDL and have been for about 4 years now. It costs $95 for the full version which allows you to use 3 different computers. Also it has print modules available for several different companies including Swift, JB, and a few others. The standard log it prints looks just like what you would buy at the truck stop. I love the software and recommend it to anyone. Just remember you need a printer to be able to use it on the road. Just google Drivers Daily Log and you will find it quite easily.

10. Gazoo

Gazoo Resident Mental Patient

Apr 14, 2007
    Bedrock
    Actually, the log it prints looks just like the ones that Landstar provides me.

11. n4mgr

n4mgr Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Silver City, NM
    I think I remember a print module specific to Landstar. I run for Arrow and I use the one for them. I would hate to use anything different at this point. This is the best thing since sliced bread. I know the "classic" print module, which is the standard one it comes with is the one you see in the truck stops. I use this just like an O/O would, right down to scanning reciepts and entering odometer readings for state line crossings. It may just save my butt some day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.