Drivers License at Shipper/Receiver

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Burned, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Pardon me if i'm stupid, but what's so secret about a DL number?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    george orwell just had the date wrong

Blackshack46 and MNdriver Thank this.
  4. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

It's considered your identification.

Pardon me if I don't feel like giving every swinging richard on the planet a copy of my identification or having to flash my ID every time I turn around for whatever stupid reason they want.

Terrorism WINS by people giving up freedoms. And when we WILLINGLY allow our keepers the luxury of sucking all of our freedoms in our daily lives from us, we lost.

And you won't get it back willingly from your keepers.

I am a retired Army vet. I didn't serve 18+ years to have my rights and freedoms stripped from me as they have been since 9/11.

Patriot Act - http://www.aclu.org/reform-patriot-act

http://www.aclu.org/free-speech-nat...nd-liberty/reform-patriot-act-myths-realities

Nor do I appreciate having to go in every 4 years and apply for essentially a secret security clearance to maintain an endorsement on my license as well as a SEPARATE one (TWIC) for simply entering a port of entry and another one (FAST Card) just to cross the border into Canada. All of which access the same stupid database for the same information and background.

5. Hegemeister

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I don't feel like showing my ID compromises my freedom. I'm free to show it or not. No one is forcing me to show it. That is freedom.
    However, we need to keep our country secure. It's a necessary evil. There are people out there that want us all (USA) DEAD.
    Unfortunately, our security is costing us a little convenience.
    And believe me, at times I get pissed too because in some cases it think we over regulate. But I guess we have to error on the safe side.

6. MNdriver

Feb 24, 2012

Exactly the frame of mind that they WANT you to have.

Your "little bit" today becomes the total loss tomorrow for your kids. It's incremental, not necessarily total and complete in one shot.

aiwiron Thanks this.
  7. Hegemeister

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    What do you suggest we do? You can say that any law takes away your freedom. we can go on and on. What would it be like if we did'nt have laws or police?
    Hey. I'm all for freedom. Don't get me wrong. But it always seems the good people have to pay to protect themselves from the bad.

8. MNdriver

Feb 24, 2012
    The Israeli's have some very proactive steps that would be a heck of a lot better for us to do.

Our processes are reactive, not proactive.

The databases are creating data pools for investigators to scour AFTER an attack has been completed. Not identify actual threats. I spent 7 months on Federal active duty working directly with US Customs and Border patrol and INS agents and saw how they were reacting.

It did nothing buy disgust us on how the Keepers in DC are passing law after law slowly sucking the freedom out of our country.

Do I have a magic answer to what to do? No, but it sure isn't what's happening.

9. Hegemeister

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Definately a tough problem. Total freedom and security.

I bought a tshirt yesterday with a picture of 4 native american indians holding rifles. The photo looks like it is 200 years old. On the top is says HOMELAND SECURTIY. Underneath the photo is says FIGHTING TERRORISM SINCE 1492.

I though that was mint. I just had to get it.

10. MNdriver

Feb 24, 2012
    Lot more truth to that than humor.......

11. Hegemeister

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    We all want the same thing. Just everyone has a different approach on how to get it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.