Drivers need to stand up for our own.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by The Gunny, Sep 8, 2008.

1. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California

That's the spirit! :yes2557:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. inthewindaz

inthewindaz Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    BINGO! One of the more profound and right on statements I have seen on this site... you hit the nail on the head! Thank you!

Wolfshayde Thanks this.
  4. inthewindaz

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    They sound like an affiliate of AARP... lmao Do they offer driving classes too? :biggrin_25525:

5. inthewindaz

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Sounds like a pro union argument to me... which makes me wonder why so many are anti union... not me. Those guys don't worry about this crap, and are paid well and happy with their jobs.

If your company is violating your rights and you complain... start looking for another job. Your miles will decrease hand in hand with the complaints, til your sitting at a TA somewhere for 4 days wondering when your next load is... there's posts on here from guys in exactly this position now.

6. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Originally Posted by aladdin sane [​IMG]
    There are very few TL drivers that are smart enough or that care enough about there industry to join an organization that would benefit them.

I found it a simplistic generalization of the workforce to say that most are stupid because they have no desire to join some organization.

In a industry as big as trucking you have people from all walks of life and levels of education with differing needs and wants.

Some just like the lifestyle, some come from rural areas where there are few options, some have made mistakes in life and are trying to become productive again, some are just driving instead of sitting on the porch in a rocker making x's on the calender, some are trying to make a quick buck to pay bills or buy a house. And some do not think they are treated bad because maybe they had it worse before trucking.

I went OTR because it allowed me to put my things in storage and live cheap to save to buy a house I did not want to spend 30 years paying off. Not some industry I felt the need to organize to fight like a good Bolshevik.

Sounds like a pro union argument to me... which makes me wonder why so many are anti union... not me. Those guys don't worry about this crap, and are paid well and happy with their jobs.

Well, if you still have a job. One look at what happened to Consolidated freightways and is happening to others like the auto makers says the Unions power to dictate to the company's is going as fast downhill as their membership. Enjoy your perks while you still have them.:biggrin_25525:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
    AfterShock Thanks this.
  7. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    Too true!
    HaiL!
    SOME of them aren't even aware such organizations exist.

YuP!
    That's for sure.

Don't look now, folks, ---- but the head on the nail has been struck again.:yes2557:

Fret not BigBlu --- that doesn't make you a bad Bolshevik. :biggrin_25512: :biggrin_25523:

Not to mention corrupt unions who take the retirement pension monies, and run --- leaving their loyal union members/brothers without ANY retirement funds. :biggrin_25510:

Wolfshayde Thanks this.
  8. kittykat

kittykat Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2008
    florida
    I have to say in all the post I have read in a long time, This is one of the best.

9. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    Thank YeW! :biggrin_25525:

10. inthewindaz

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    I would not argue what you say here with one exception... and I don't know the story behind Consolidated but I do know there are union trucking companies that are making money and doing just fine while paying drivers well. For that matter there are non union companies paying drivers well also, just newbies can't get the jobs usually.

To compare to other unions and industries is not an apple to apples comparison. The auto industry is one of the most mismanaged industries in existence, in my opinion. EX. Dodge building and spending millions on vehicles that are essentially 21st century muscle cars like the muscle cars of the late 60's... 350-400hp engines that run at 8 and 10 mpg... in an era of rising gas prices, dependency on foreign oil... lol.. c'mon, what world are these morons living in? Now they are going broke and can't sell cars and it's the unions fault?

Guess what, Asian cars are being built here in America, by union workers, and they aren't going broke. And the billions spent on unneeded and wasted advertising, exhorbanent salaries of suits who were paid 6 and 7 figures to drive companies into the ground...lol. Joke.

That's the American way of doing business in today's corporate world... We have a corporate world, a business world, based upon The Peter Principle. For those unaware of this, it is a book from several decades ago that surmised American business was, is and always will be poorly run in a world economy because only in America are people allowed to, and paid well for, rising to their level of complete incompetence.

This explains maybe all the idiots drivers have to deal with in management??? Ya think? :biggrin_25525:
    And who starts out at the high end on a salary scale from the start without paying their dues?? hahahah Name any pro sport!:biggrin_255:

11. Wolfshayde

Wolfshayde Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2011
    North Port FL
    and now, welcome to ObamaWorld

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.