Drivers Reviews / Frozen Food Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by pigsooie, Jan 29, 2013.

1. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    My experience with FFE: After 10 years out service from the trucking industry, I had to do a refresher course just to get back into trucking. Boy I should have done my home work when it came to picking a company to do the refresher course. FFE from get go one has been a living nightmare. 1st thing they brought me to Dallas 3days early for orientation, then 2nd of all their dorm rooms looked like jail cells nothing like posted on their web site. I do give a plus to my trainer I had to go with part of the refresher course. I just got lucky!! And got a good trainer and got my own truck in 3 ½ weeks. Most trainers at FFE use a driver that is refreshing and has had driving experience before for the full six weeks of OTR road training. You know the money thing! Now the big kicker! Out of 4 months driving I have had only 1 week with over 2000 miles. 29cpm is very low pay these days for 1st year driving. I have spent more time waiting on loads upwards to 1 ½ days to 3 days plus very long delays getting unloaded. Biggest burn is when you get a good pre plan load 9 out of 10 times its canceled and given to a Driver trainer / Owner operator or Lease driver. Company drivers get all the left overs scents company drivers are on forced dispatch where others are not. Don’t take much of a brain to do the math 29cpm x 2000miles = 580.00minus travel advances of 160.00 per week and your taxes?? You make less than minimum wage on a 70 hour week. So if you want to get screwed give FFE a call.

bikertrash61 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    We get it. You don't like FFE. You keep regurgitating the same info on all current FFE threads. At this point it's cut and paste.

Flatbedn Thanks this.
  4. pigsooie

Jan 25, 2013
    Sounds like your a paid blogger for FFE. The truth hurts and others need to be notifide.

5. pigsooie

Jan 25, 2013
    The post title says: Drivers Reviews / Frozen Food Express: Are you a driver or a person with a bad attitude.

6. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I am a driver and a person who knows how to spell. I'm not a paid blogger, I'm tired of reading your exact same post over and over. Give it a rest. I don't care if you love or hate ffe.

7. acetraveler

acetraveler Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Grover Beach, CA
    As a past driver for FFE, I too am fed up with the quality of this once fine carrier. I drove with this company for many years, but had to take care of my Mom and brother after they were in a car accident. Years later when I decide to come back to trucking I came back to FFE. What the heck happened? FFE used to be a great company, they knew me by name, they got me home on time, when I requested a load somewhere they did their best to get me there. Now FFE is a the joke of the industry. When I call them for something, the first thing out of their mouths is, "What's your truck number?" When I put something in on the Peoplenet-which is another nightmare-it literally takes at least an hour before anyone responds to my request. When I requested to go to Reno, Nevada, to visit my Mom and Brother, FFE routed me to Denver, Colorado. No where near where I wanted to go, and I asked FFE at least a half dozen times. The driving academy is a joke. For the entire time you are there you are one your own. The only thing they offer is a place to sleep. YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR OWN FOOD FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS. Those who fail or get demoted need to fend for themselves even longer than that. The pay is horrible. You start out at 29 cents per mile-other companies start out at at least 32 cents per mile. The only saving grace from FFE is that I made a lot of great friends while I was there and we still stay in touch. If you are ever in the Pismo Beach, California area and need a place to stay the night, give me a call you are always welcome.

8. acetraveler

acetraveler Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Grover Beach, CA
    He is just doing his duty to protect the rest of the drivers veterans and rookies and CB Rambo's which it sounds like you are, about the evils of FFE. I would like to know who you drive for, and what kind of things they try to screw you out of. FFE screwed me out of $150. They say it was for a lumper's fee, but I turned in all my receipts with all the necessary info, yet they still took my money.

9. pigsooie

Jan 25, 2013
    Rooster1291979 your profile says you only have 1 year or less in trucking. How you think you know all about the trucking industry. As for my postings, this is what truckersreport.com is all about. It's not about your dislikes about other people's postings. Tell us about your experience, what company you drive for, how you got started in trucking etc.

10. Wingnut1

Wingnut1 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    I've been with FFE for 6 months and am turning my truck in tomorrow. I really don't have much bad to say about the company, it is what it is, and that is a starter company. My main beef is with the food transportation industry as a whole, and the insane wait times. I wasn't out bombing every trucking company with applications, I just happen to have a friend who drives for someone else and got my foot in the door. Starts at .38/cpm with a .02/cpm safety bonus, .02/cpm profit sharing, and a dedicated Laredo to either Michigan or Indiana run. Couldn't pass it up.

I wasn't real crazy about doing the lower 48, either. No more Donner, no more Cabbage, no more upper East coast, etc. I can live with that just fine.

d o g and teqntexas Thank this.
  11. pigsooie

Jan 25, 2013
    Boy Oh Boy!! What is FFE Becoming: I was just informed that FFE is now putting cameras in their trucks to observe the driver(s) FFE says to promote safety?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.