Drivers that are Hams, What Freq. do you monitor?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by russbrill, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017

To me its worth it. The license is good for 10 years, if you decide you don’t like it, just don’t renew your license.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017

Yes it does open up a new world in ways that cb radio can’t. This guy does a great job explaining the vhf band, plus he talks a little at the end of the video about HF radio.

Granted since cell phones took over in the 90’s, the vhf 2 meter radio frequencies haven’t been as active (at least in the rural areas) as they used to be. If you are over the road driver, I’m sure you will have lots of people to talk to around the big cities. Of course the good old cb radio is still a valuable tool at a loading dock.

4. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    I operate an Icom 7000 which allows me to operate on those frequencies with my Amateur radio license. I use a Tarheel antenna which lengthens and shortens so i can operate a wide range of bands without pulling over to change out the antena. If you look me up on qrz dot com KB5EAG you can see photos of my set up.

Meteorgray Thanks this.
  5. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    yes it does open up a larger world of radio. I speak with my family in florida nearly everyday even when I have no cell coverage. I have contacted 18 countries and every state from behind my steering wheel all on 100 watts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.