Drivers with pain? How do you manage your pain?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Swift007, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    When I was driving and unloading, my chiropractor was a great help. I'm retired now but I suffer from the abuse my body went thru over the 42 years I drove.

Swift007 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Chiros and massage therapists can assist, but they can damage as well. I had a great 1 in Colorado that made me cry once a month, but my sciatica was almost never noticed.

Bean Jr. and Swift007 Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    6 cracked ribs, chipped bone in one of my fingers, slight road rash on chin, hands.

my FAT truckers wallet actually saved my butt cheek.

then general bruises, aches and pains. was on morphine in the hospital for like 3 days, then taken off it.

i be like......

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I hurt all the time. All the accumulated knocks on my body are coming home to roost.

Just all the little, nagging joint stuff.

I take tylenol or advil as needed.

But for me pain is "ops normal".

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i gotta wonder if an office worker that sits all day gets many of the same aches and pains as we do.

for instance, if thier seat is not adjusted properly, do they get knee joint problems?

if they bend to lift a case of printing paper, do they run the risk of a slipped back disk?

i supposed (in thought) all occupations have some sort of quirks about them, that catch up with them, as they age too.

but working in all sorts of weather, all hours of the day and night, higher stress levels, not enough restful sleep, may just hasten our bodies weakening sooner than the average worker.

7. 50WT

50WT Heavy Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Lots of lower leg and hip pain sometimes, tramadol works for me.
    It doesn't make me feel drugged up , it also doesn't take away all the pain but makes it bearable. I may take it a couple times a month, mainly when I'm at home and need to relax. I would never take it while driving.

Swift007 Thanks this.
  8. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    For the first 3 or 4 months starting out, just plan on lots of pain in places you never imagined. You are using muscles you probably didnt use much before, to drive a truck. Eventually, those muscles will get built up and stop hurtin.

My personal favorite was the outside of the fronts of my shins.

Follow PattyJ's advice on avoiding tense shoulders/base of neck pain: yer elbows should be hanging at yer sides as you drive, in a relaxed position. If ya hold em up in the air all day, yer gonna pay tonight. Adjust yer seat and steering wheel to assume the proper position.

THANK YOU PATTYJ FOR THIS LONG-AGO ADVICE.

SoulScream84 and Swift007 Thank this.
  9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Ibuprofen for me works better than tylenol. Aleve works good too but is harder on the body when taken regularly

Swift007 Thanks this.
  10. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    All of them overtime are bad for our bodies, funny thing about Tylenol is it would unlikely be able to get FDA approval today as a new medicine.

Bean Jr. and Swift007 Thank this.
  11. Swift007

Swift007 Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2020
    Yes but I have no choice. My head will explode with pain if it wasn't for these medicines

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.