Driving for Wal Mart....smile 4d camera and Microphone

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Chewey2, Nov 17, 2016.

1. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    And I can remember the transtar II cabovers, blowing smoke and rolling if they needed too.

Getsinyourblood and chalupa Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Not worth it to me.

Triumph 1 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. Switches

Switches Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    PHX,AZ
    Good Luck with them i hope they don't shove those down your throat like my company tried to do to me.

5. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Just stick a piece of chewed gum over the camera eye and mic. Simple!:p

Heathar Thanks this.
  6. XFM2013

XFM2013 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Bucyrus, OH
    They had had the cameras (facing both ways) for 3 years where I work. They have shown us videos where ours drivers have been cited for accidents and later had the citations overturned in court based on the camera evidence, it's happened more than once. It was a big stink at first now we I don't even pay attention to the thing.

I certainly can appreciate the need for some privacy in a sleeper truck versus a day cab. I applied at WM recently and am currently in the process. Interested in seeing where this goes.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You will never have me run for a company that uses such a system inside the cab. If I am to endure this invasion of my work place, I might as well demand the Camera to be installed over the computer of a pretty dispatcher so I can watch and listen to her as well. Fair is fair.

Cameras do nothing but destroy drivers who actually are stupid enough to break a law, get into a preventable or rant about the dumb dispatcher to wife on the cell phone at 60 mph... Walmart People will soil themselves in the excitement and excessive joyful firings that will proceed at the speed of light.

Heathar, Macneil and Pintlehook Thank this.
  8. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    How did a driver facing camera show how an accident happened, resulting in dismissal of a citation?

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  9. XFM2013

Sep 2, 2014
    Bucyrus, OH
    It showed the actions of the driver in one case. It was alleged the driver was holding a cell phone and was distracted. The video not only showed the four wheeler crossing four lanes of traffic and loosing control, it showed the driver using a blue tooth head set and not saying a word during the whole encounter. They checked the phone records and knew he was on the phone. He didn't deny that. It also showed the telemetry of speed, braking pressure, following distance, use of seat belt, both hands on the wheel, etc. It proved our driver was right and was not at fault. Which is the case most times I think, based on the experience I have driving in everyday traffic.

I'm not pro or con for cameras, however, I see the positive and the negative of the debate.

10. alghazi

alghazi Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2014
    So an outward facing camera showed the other vehicle to be at fault?

spyder7723 and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  11. XFM2013

Sep 2, 2014
    Bucyrus, OH
    The allegation was the phone use/distracted driving in addition to the accident itself. The camera showed the actions of the driver in addition to the actions of the four wheeler.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.