Driving OTR with US Xpress

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Wedge, Mar 24, 2012.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Yes, or so he says....never looked behind the curtain

wulfman75 and vikingswen Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dobermann

Dobermann Bobtail Member

May 2, 2013
    Would someone please define aggressive breed? And what if the animal is not in any way aggressive? What is the dog has been properly trained and brought up ? What if the owner took out an insurance policy on said dog,would that be ok?
    And will anybody every see the dog? Who will complain?
    just random questions for a future driver...thanks for the input.

4. Dobermann

Dobermann Bobtail Member

May 2, 2013
    What if the dog looks like an aggressive breeds,but is not aggressive?
    And who is to say what aggressive is?

5. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Good luck fighting this battle. You would be fired on the spot when they catch you with a doberman in the truck, and they would catch you. It is not going to happen. The company and their insurance company determine what an aggressive breed is and it is their truck. They could care less what you think about it

Dobermann Thanks this.
  6. Dobermann

Dobermann Bobtail Member

May 2, 2013
    what if it only looks like a dobermann? ...long ears and tail looks like a b;ack and tan coon hound..does the dog need to be presented to someone for inspection before its oked...i know you need to show vac records.Whos to say its not a dobermann...

7. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Are you going to lie when they ask you for the breed? They have a whole list of breeds not allowed. You are going to be sitting at a terminal for three days waiting for your truck to be serviced. I guarantee someone is going to turn you in. This is not an "if" but a "when". You will then have to empty the truck out on the spot and figure out how you, brutus and all your crap get home. This is not a good idea. I am really not trying to be harsh about this, I just want you to understand what you are getting into.

sharp.dressed.man and Dobermann Thank this.
  8. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    a friend has a min-pin and a shepherd on his truck and they are both listed as a aggressive breeds "per usx list".... they also say no large dog's but I know someone that has a black lab...? they will say it is BUT the rule isn't cut in stone

Dobermann you would need to check with safety about YOUR dog..... if you get the ok from safety that's all you need.... if not DON'T LIE...... if you lie and they find out THEY WILL FIND OUT they will kick you out of the truck right where it's parked (I've seen them do it)

Dobermann Thanks this.
  9. Darius11

Darius11 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2011
    Haverhill, MA
    "I've been fighting a low 70 hour clock for the last 3 weeks, so I decided to run the load into Bloomington, and in the process, chose to do a 34 hour reset at my fuel stop. The amount of hours I would have gotten back over the next 3 days would have been 3hrs, 4hrs, and 4hrs respectively. So taking the time to do the reset cleans up the 70"
    A year late for this comment but trying to take a look at US Express and 3, 4, 4 daily hours in a row is big trouble. How the hell can you run over 2500 miles this way if that's the case?
    The quote was from the original poster of this thread.

10. Dobermann

Dobermann Bobtail Member

May 2, 2013
    Thats what i am curious about...ive seen were people have some of these dogs.My dog have been extensively trained and has passed .traffic,and sociability tests. I can provide safety with those as well as all the testing that are involved. I would also be able to provide affidavits from medical professionals atesting to the stability of my dog.Thats what im hoping for is to get it oked...i would also not have a problem taking out my own insurance policy if that would appease them as well.Plus i am a responsible dog owner and would not put the company in any position of inconvenience .Such as i hear about irresponsible, pet owners allowing their dogs to relieve themselves either on clients property or rude behavior at truck stops..Just trying to gauge how to go about it with safety.
    Thanks for both of your insights on this matter.

11. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    Unless something has changed since last year Craig is correct USX doesn't evaluate on a case by case basis they exclude certain breeds as aggressive. I didn't drive for USX but I went through orientation last September and that is what my orientation class was told.

It doesn't hurt to check and see if there are any exceptions, but I would have a hard time believing that any company would want to open themselves up to potential liability to please an individual dog owner. Stranger things have happened though. Good luck.

NoCoCraig and Dobermann Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.