Driving to safe haven while out of 14 HOS

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Trucker PV, Jul 28, 2014.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    True. And also true you can really "falsify" paper logs, but you can "work" eLogs to your advantage too once you figure out how they work and how to utilize them. Being "honest", I can typically gain time with eLogs in many situations where I would have lost time on paper. I fought eLogs for many years, but now that I've been on them for a year, I prefer them and they are time-savers and keep us all honest. Sure, there are a few times here and there I wish I had paper, but the benefits of eLogs far outweigh the disadvantages. But I suppose a lot has to do with where you work and the type of running you [typically] do.

Maineman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Maineman

Maineman Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Anytown, USA
    There is no such thing as a safe haven rule. Read that green book very carefully.

4. Mountain Hummingbird

Mountain Hummingbird Medium Load Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Are you on paper or elog would be my first question, paper would be too easy to rewrite so I figure you are on electronic. Answer is simple if you are on elog and you get to where you are going to be over on your hours stop go to off duty or sleeper. sit there for a few minutes then drive to your parking for the night. It then becomes a flagged event.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.