Driving with Cancer

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Driver with Cancer, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Driver with Cancer

Driver with Cancer Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2019
    I hit three cone's in a blizzard conditions in January,besides that I have a clean driving record .
    In late Oct. I was diagnosed with cancer. In early February I started treatment at the James
    Late Feb when the bills started to come in old Dominion went through hours and hours of dash cam video to find anything to terminate my employment

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Driver with Cancer

Driver with Cancer Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2019
    Sham on you old Dominion

Sani101 and Humblepie Thank this.
  4. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Never ever trust anyone especially a company. This is prime example of why.

Driver with Cancer Thanks this.
  5. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Lawyer up. And sue the #### out of them. And have your family continue the suit if your unable to dee it till the end.

Broke Down 69, Tb0n3 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Sorry to hear this. But in truth, I wouldn’t sweat this too much. And hopefully you have both short and long term disability insurance. If not, there may be some issues.

Depending on the type, and the treatment, you could potentially be listed as disabled. This will kick in your insurance. Which will cover the cost of Cobra, and much of your living expenses.

Cancer is serious business. The job? Isn’t important at this stage. But if they do terminate you. Hire a good lawyer and let him handle the heavy lifting. He may even take you on at no cost. Of course, he’ll be expecting a cut of the settlement.

7. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    But all the corporate owned news media stations from PBS to Fox news (and everything in between) keep telling me that I am free and living in the best country in the world; so great that it has even been blessed by the really big man... Gawd hisself.
    America is dying, fellas, and it’s all corporate greed that’s doing it, nothing else.
    I hope it all works out for you brother.

ncmickey, jethro712, speedyk and 5 others Thank this.
  8. Whyte Trashe

Whyte Trashe Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Charlotte, N.C
    The job?
    Oh, it’s important alright.
    So important that if he doesn’t keep it, he will then lose his health insurance and then therefore, jeapordize his medical care.

There is no ‘system’ anymore that kind of ‘kicks in’ when you need it; whether it be a social program or even a form of litigation as in a potential lawsuit to favor anything other than big business.
    This is very real now and it has become standard practice in this country.

You and I don’t matter at all anymore, other than our labor, our consumerism, and our taxes.

Tb0n3, Driver with Cancer and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I'm going to delete the religious references in this thread.
    You guys mean well but religious threads usually lead to arguments, name calling, and the inevitable train wreck where we wind up handing out infractions and bans.
    There's a special forum on TTR for anything having to do with religion . Please use it.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We are cancer survivors.

Let me say this. We were told half dead in that waiting room in 5 years. We had 14 and counting.

We finished a formal bone scan today, we learn in a few days what's what.

Spouse cancer was treated by the VA in little rock. The total expense was approximately 1.4 millions. We started getting shaky on the count past 1.4 and left it at that. The chemo they used on her was pure poison and unfortunately set up situations where my life, her life were in real danger from her anger as a result of being posions. That chemo stops EVERY cell inside your body from dividing and healing and growing. You recover in a few weeks and regenerate, just when you feel ok, I cart you back to the poison room against your will. Violence was a verbal nature, but the Law was never involved. It's not for them. Once the chemo stuff and all that was over with, we spent a year just her and me healing and rediscovering our love.

Your Job will see you as a massive cost liability and do whatever they can to eliminate you. When that happens document everything CAREFULLY. Names, who said what, when, how, where and why. All of it. Numbers to same and titles and so on. Everything. Start a dairy. Your lawyers will be most interested in that.

I had a friend I told to document a owner stripping out thousands in cash from the store. The friend was manager. His documentation ended up in court as a valid defense down to the minute actions time of day to the minute what the manager took in cash and how short the store was daily at the end of his shift. If he did not have that daily dairy for 9 months it took to bring charges against owner that friend would have taken the fall and in prision with nothing to show for it as a innocent party. (Ain't that a kick...)

11. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    My bad ,.. tried to keep it low key

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.