drop lot and oc listing

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by zaroba, Dec 5, 2015.

1. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    I remember hearing about Schneider making random calls to see if you pick up while driving when I was in orientation. My TE said if you don't recognize the number, don't answer it. I don't even take calls in my personal truck so it made no difference to me but it was good to know. He was on his bluetooth 24/7 but he always put it in his right ear when we were pulling up to an OC if he was driving. I was told that driver services does check the cameras for stuff like that.

As @TennMan stated they do see what your status is when you call in. I only know this because I left myself on duty by accident one time when I called in and my dispatcher reminded me that I was burning hours. Glad to hear that they aren't kicking the W&S pets out of the trucks just yet. It wouldn't surprise me if they did though. Will they be denutting the company trucks to 60 as well? Not sure what W&S was governed at but that's gonna piss off a lot of drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I don't know how I feel about the no calls at all stuff. I like to be able to answer when my wife calls. I have a 4 year old son and I like to know they are ok and she likes to know I'm ok. But rules are rules and we will follow them. As far as the trucks I don't know what they will do. I'm sure that's gonna happen just not sure how or when. We are governed at 65 right now. Which in my opinion isn't safe sometimes. But they did say that all trucks from this point that they ordered were gonna be freightliners (no more volvos which is a shame) and that they would be looking at putting some Schneider technology in the trucks. Whatever that means ha

AM14 Thanks this.
  4. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Qualcomms, forward facing dash cams, and automatics. That is probably what they are talking about.

AM14 Thanks this.
  5. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    That would be a major adjustment going from 65 to 60 and I'm sure would cause alot of drivers to jump ship. Sure we can do 64 but from what I understand, OTR and most dedicated accounts only allow 10% overspeed. My account is a 5% max. Some days my truck will cruise at 61 all day long, other days it won't. Coming off a downgrade, itll drop to 57-58 before it engages again. By that time its too late if I'm ascending another hill. Running through Texas at 60 mph is down right scary.

6. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    If you're talking to a dispatcher on work-related matters, you're on duty.

mickeyrat Thanks this.
  7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    If you're logging on duty for anything other than fuel ,pre trip, or hand unload or dot inspection/accident your burning hours unnecessarily.

8. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    Don't forget the hard braking and stability control as well as the on guard/ wingman not to mention the Horn...

AM14 Thanks this.
  9. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    What you log is up to you; I was just stating a fact.

10. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    Quarterly training and Annual recertification.

Oh and your safety vest!!

11. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    Nowhere in FMCSA book does it say you have to log phone calls.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.