Drove 2 days for interview only to be told the positions filled

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JSanborn103, Jan 20, 2021.

1. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    I have a class A with triples, hazmat, and tanker endorsements. The problem is I only have about 4 months OTR tractor trailer and 1.5 years straight truck after that. I wasn’t planning on doing the straight truck that long because I wanted to move last year but things came up and they paid really well so I just stayed with them. The gap is really causing me problems getting another TT job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JSanborn103

Jan 20, 2021
    I’d like to do local, if possible.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I have several companies in my notebook.
    Try Great Lakes Petroleum in Charlotte.
    The ad I noted says they hire new cdl school grads, so you should be ok. Apply in person if you can.
    Great Lakes Petroleum
    Website
    Directions
    5001 Wilkinson Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28208
    `
    [​IMG] upload_2021-1-20_14-33-4.jpeg

JSanborn103 Thanks this.
  5. JSanborn103

Jan 20, 2021
    Thank you. That looks really good. You think it’s better to go in person rather than applying online?

6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Did the company know you were packing up and traveling all that way? If they did if would of been nice of them to inform you of the fact that the position is now filled. However I guess in all fairness if they did not know where you were coming from and when they actually hired the new driver then they haven't really done anything wrong. Its all just a matter of opinion really depending on what transpired. The jury is still out on this one. while we weigh up the evidence.

650cat425, Coffey and Rubber duck kw Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Carolina Foods in Charlotte is local work.
    `
    Career opportunities and job openings may be applied for in person or online.
    Our human resources office is located at 222 Worthington Avenue in Charlotte, North Carolina and will accept walk-in applicants for plant positions during established business hours and at posted times that vary from week to week.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You can do the online app. the drive over there and say, "I'm checking on my job application", even if you just submitted the app. 30 minutes ago.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's one fueling locomotives. Local & home every day. I don't have the phone number or address.
    Velocity Rail Solutions – A. Stucki Company
    velocityrail.com
    Velocity Rail Solutions is a subsidiary of A. Stucki Company, a 100+ year old company. With over 350 team members and more than 60 locations in over 25 states, Velocity has been providing critical services to the railroad industry since 1996.

Local Class A CDL Hazmat Driver– Locomotive Fueling -HOME DAILY
    Velocity Rail Solutions
    Charlotte, NC 28228
    We offer hourly pay with built in Overtime on a weekly basis! Paid training! Plus we offer "Paid Holidays", whether you are scheduled to work or not! Vacation time starts to accrue day one, even while you are in training. You can use it as you accrue it, carry it over, let it build up, or cash it out! No need to wait 1 year for vacation time to be available! We also have a full benefits package available after 60 days of employment. Drivers find out our benefit offerings, low deductibles, premiums, our 5% match on our 401K with immediate vesting and they know how much we care about drivers and their families!
    Responsibilities / Job Duties:
    Velocity Rail Solutions drivers are paid to be fully loaded with red dye diesel and to fuel trains on an “On-Call” basis by the Railroad. On the Job training will be provided for qualified individuals. The Railroad pays to have dedicated trucks and drivers on duty 24/7/365 days a year. This includes Nights, Weekends, and Holidays, so you can receive consistent paychecks. You are paid for a full 12 hours to include breaks, lunches, and wait-time for dispatches. That’s right, you are paid for all On-Duty” hours, regardless of what you are dispatched for!

10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I know a lady who flew from Atlanta to Denver stayed at a hotel for 2 days on her dime on such a job promise. In her case, it was not a driving job and she was NOT hired. There are always going to be jobs that require you to move and/or travel. NEVER under any circumstances travel on your dime for a job interview. If the carrier wants you they will pay for the trip and at least put you in a hotel. I'm sorry this happened! Hopefully, you can land on your feet.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.