Dry Bulk Trucking Operators

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by bulktrucking, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Man... I hope to never get involved with that stuff. Power to those that do. Give me a nice lethal pipe load.

Zeviander Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Yeah, I love bulk, but I'm the kind of guy that likes to find that point where the pressures balance and just let it do it's thing. "Temperature" is for warming my hands on the main air line in the winter, lol.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    It;s good for drying out wet gloves, too. Much better than the defroster vent in the truck and having the cab smell like, well, like wet gloves.

Lepton1 and Zeviander Thank this.
  5. bulktrucking

bulktrucking Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Thanks everyone for the information.

For another quick question. What's the average cost of a bulk trailer with a blower?

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    New or used? How many CF are you looking for? If you're looking for a used trailer be sure to eyeball it and pressure test it. Sometimes pnuematics lead a harsh life with very little maintenance. Lots of junky trailers out there and some of them are still being used.

Are you looking for a trailer with a blower installed on the trailer itself or a blower ro mount with a PTO on a tractor?
    More information on your type of operation would help us give better answers.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    I'd bet a new Vacuum is well over $100K. Most blowers are mounted on the tractor as they turn at a pretty fast rate. Some older trailers were set up with pony engines and a blower but you don't see them too often.

Resins and light granular products use a 1600 cu ft [4 hoppers] while heavier stuff [sand, cement, limestone] would go in a 900 cu ft [3 hoppers] and Canadians can use huge 2800 cu ft trailers....

Average rail car of plastic is around 189,000# and a 1600 cu ft. trailer takes 4 loads to empty the car. Canadians do it in two loads!

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.