Dry van for sale, how much could I get for this

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Parminder99, Mar 29, 2020.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    $39K or rather $29K? I mean, I paid for my 2017 Utility $31K and it had all there is for a dry van to have.

Reefers are too expensive to rent. I called for a quote and it was like $1600 - 1800 per month plus additional charges for motor hours and miles. I'd trade it in for a reefer, since you are already in the game, and stick to it.
    A month ago or so, I called the local Utility dealer about what he would give me for my dry van as a trade in for a reefer and he said more or less $16K, depending on what he would actually see. The idea is on hold now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Parminder99

Parminder99 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2019
    sold for 18k, buyer was a new owner op renting a dry van, cool dude that dryvan should do him good for years to come if he takes care of it

4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Congrats. What method did you use to sell it? Online? Paper?

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s a fair deal for everyone.I would have liked to have it myself. It’s exactly what I have in mind. Not ready yet. Too far from home. Gonna keep my 08 for now. Good deal.

6. Parminder99

Parminder99 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2019
    I paid around 37k-39k don't remember exactly on top of my head but not 29k for sure, but I listed it on craigslist young guy around 24 years old came and took it, seemed very happy with van and was very exicted said he was gonna put a huge logo of his own company name on both sides of the trailer n back door... young blood also came in a brand new t680 seemed to know what he was doing better then me for sure ahaha.. paid cash, other guys that came wanted to go back to their bank and get a loan and so on..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.