Dry Van Hauler Thinking About Switching to Tanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cobrawastaken, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Christian23

Christian23 Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2013
    atlanta, ga
    Good luck with that.
    They are all auto. Especially the smooth bore tanks. Not many drivers know how to handle it

650cat425 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Christian23

Oct 22, 2013
    atlanta, ga
    Is just like working for Schneider.
    Kennan is too big. They got their hands in pretty much everything.

bentstrider83 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  4. Cobrawastaken

Cobrawastaken Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Tulsa, OK
    Elliott truck line has 13 speed manuals. I will most likely be going to work for them. For some reason they are still waiting for a couple companies that I worked for in the past to verify employment.

650cat425 and Just passing by Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Company I was with switched from stick shifts to automatics. Best thing they ever did. Loved it.

tommymonza and 650cat425 Thank this.
  6. Christian23

Oct 22, 2013
    atlanta, ga
    BTW, what are you doing now?
    Still driving?
    I was out of the “posting” for all these years.
    I used to read your posts religiously..
    Isn’t that funny?
    I hope you are well.

650cat425 and Chinatown Thank this.
  7. Cobrawastaken

Apr 20, 2018
    Tulsa, OK
    Elliott has verified all of my employment and now they want me to complete a new DOT physical and a drug screen before going to orientation. Interesting, but I guess it's no big deal.

Just passing by and 650cat425 Thank this.
  8. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    Kenan is different at every terminal. Some are great, some suck, most are somewhere in between, mostly depends on the terminal manager. That's partly because they've bought out so many other companies.
    I'm pretty happy with them here in NW Pa., hauling fuel. They treat me real good, your results may vary! I was with them a year, doing so good that I bought my own truck, and am now doing even better, and they still treat me real good.
    But I know, some guys could get $100/hr, 10hr minimum, and not have to even get out of bed, and they'd still find reason to whine!
    And then there's those who've never been closer than passing one on the road, know nothing about them, other than old driver tales, and just automatically badmouth them.
    No company, or driver, is perfect, nor does every driver like the same situation. I hear guys whining, but not leaving, and I ask them, "if it's so bad, why do you stay?" "Can't find another local job that pays this good!" If you can't change your company, change your attitude!
    I've never worked for Schneider, so I can't compare them.
    Sometimes you work for a company and know it's not for you, just chalk it up to experience, and move on. The next guy might be plenty happy and retire from there.
    Different strokes, ya know.

superpet39 and Cobrawastaken Thank this.
  9. Cobrawastaken

Apr 20, 2018
    Tulsa, OK
    I completed the drug screen and dot physical and as long as I can get my truck turned in to my current company I should be starting next Monday.

10. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Very cool! I will be at Peterbilt Tulsa on Monday to fix a serious coolant leak that has me driving up and down with no heat in the cab... taking a load to Phoenix right now while they order the parts for the truck. If you haven't been to the Vinita yard yet don't be discouraged when you first see it. It's old but you won't be spending much time there anyways. We have Gilmer, Baytown and I think Dallas yards. And there's talk of a brand new yard to be built in Longview, TX. Could just be driver gossip but one can dream...
    Hope you enjoy working at Elliott.

Cobrawastaken and 650cat425 Thank this.
  11. Cobrawastaken

Apr 20, 2018
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks driver! I'm looking forward to working there. My current company just pre assigned me a load going to their terminal for tomorrow so it looks like I'm turning my truck in. I'll be starting at Elliott Monday.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.