Dudw Shot 60 Times (at least) For Driving Poorly

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Opus, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Actually a former police detective says that they are looking into it possibly being a suicide by cop. Since he left the gun on the front seat. Along with his fiance's ring. Who had just recently died. Combined with him making actions of pulling a weapon from his waste. As he turned on the officers.

drvrtech77 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    ok, let's "go with that theory"...

he was still DOWN, and they kept pumping him full of lead.

it is still a mob mentality.

i still feel that a good police dog would have taken him down, in seconds, sure he would have had dog bites, but at the very least, my opinion of the thugs that brutally killed him, would be different.

in absence of a police dog, still 1 cop could have done the shooting, the cop closest to him at the time, in a foot pursuit.

this is why cops wear body armor, to survive a gunshot.

TheLoadOut and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Incorrect. But you and reality don't seem to share the same zip code.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Amen. Spot on.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    true. all it takes for evil to prevail is, for good ppl stand by & do nothing. jmo

7. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    & if he had complied, he would be alive. just like them illegals in that semi trailer. might still be alive if they stayed in their own country. common sense.

8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    It’s a tragedy. I wouldn’t want to be on either end of that situation. 90 rounds sounds excessive. 8 Officers shooting at one suspect. I’m sure the truth will be known, and the system will work. Like always.

bryan21384 and Opus Thank this.
  9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    That's pretty cold, bro.
    I mean, that's really, really cold.

10. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    DHS secretary pretty much said the same thing yesterday.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Folks like you and I know what will calm a situation like this down. I'm hoping that everyone could calm their opinions for just a second and try to understand things from a certain viewpoint. What I'm about to say will explain why this happens at times.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that I endorse this type of behavior or actions. It's merely an explanation to give some understanding.

Everything you just typed is how you were reared growing up. In black communities, particularly lower earning, maybe less educated ones (to some degree), that is not how young men are reared. They are taught that police are the enemy. They become indoctrinated with basically every instance of police brutality and/or act of racism. This mentality runs for generations, much like yours has. They develop this paranoia about police relations. Something so simple like a traffic stop will cause them to think, "Dam, the police are mess me up bad....I'm gonna save myself." It doesn't end up with good results ever. Point being, in a nutshell, the are reared to never, ever trust law enforcement. I liken to how many of you are reared to never, ever trust the government. The ironic thing is that law enforcement is an extension of the government.

Now me personally as a black mam, I've been stopped by the police well over 50 times in my life, and that all occurred before my 30th birthday. That's no lie either. Now out of those 30 times, I'd say somewhere between 4 and 6 times I actually broke the law. I am man enough to admit my shortcomings and where I went wrong. Most of 4 to 6 was drugs, only once had i ever got a speeding ticket. I can assure you, many black men have been stopped at least ½ that number so profiling is real, whether you want to admit or not. It's things like that, that will constantly add to the distrust of police from their vantage point. I'm not of that mind frame. My mother taught me what was told to her in terms of dealing with the police, and I haven't had any problems. Punishments sure. I just don't think the streets are where you fight the police, and I'm dam sure not going to go against someone with a gun. Now we are seeing this, once again, and this will only fuel the fire of distrust in those communities. If they wanted to shoot him dead, fine. They mutilated that man. Once he was dead, I don't know what was left to prove. To those folks, it's isn't about him running from the police. Thy aren't going to be focused on why he didn't stop. It's about how so many of them emptied the barrel on him unnecessarily. Now to end this essay of a post, I'm not saying the young man made the right call to run from the police. I'm only giving insight as to why I think this happens so much for that particular demographic.

sealevel, Opus, Rideandrepair and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.