DUI/Drug, felony and trucking facts.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by joseph1135, Aug 26, 2013.

1. KAMA3

KAMA3 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Cincinnati,OH
    Not very true about Russia. Just 0.5-3 years of DL revocation. And that's while most of traffic police take bribes (if you can pay up to $5K in cash). DUI penalties in the US are much harder, I can tell. And I've never heard of bribetakers among police in the States (at least in Ohio).

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. full speed

full speed Heavy Load Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Los angeles CA.
    I refused to take the breath test after getting into an accident, cause the officer failed to do an on site fielld test. Although I was never convicted for DUI.They suspended my license for one year.

Can I still get a CDL , and will I haft to attend a SAP program before I can get it?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  4. sprinter

sprinter Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Philadelphia
    To all the felons, drunks, druggies, and screw ups, keep up the good work, I'm gonna have a job for life.

5. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    when exactly did you refuse?

as far as your question? YES you can get a cdl, and NO you don't need the SAP program because you weren't a commercial driver at the time. If this happened within the last three years though, a CDL might be a little useless to you.

full speed Thanks this.
  6. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California

Although I fall within that last group you mentioned........ i still feel the same way as you regarding people that cant pass a drug test lol

full speed and joseph1135 Thank this.
  7. full speed

full speed Heavy Load Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Los angeles CA.
    Na I was just messing around, a guy I talk to around where I live told me that and asked about it. I told him pretty much the same thing. That ya he might be able to get it, but he'd probably haft to wait at least three years or so before any body will hire him.

edit-Check it out this guy flipped a car during the accident, and then after they ran a check on him, they found out there was a warrant for a crime committed the same night. I told him ya he probably haft to wait a little while. I also told him about the 10 year felony check.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  8. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    You think that DUI penalties are harsher in the US than El Slavador? or Bulgaria? I am pretty sure you won't get executed in the US...

9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    They aren't harsh enough here. It's nothing to see people with 5,6 10 DUI arrests. Scary stuff.

10. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Then they get on here and get a case of the butthurt when they're told they won't get a trucking job here. `

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  11. Moparjoe

Moparjoe Light Load Member

May 3, 2014
    All this pissing about dui!! Dont drink snd drive plain and simple. Not hard. Jesus

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.