DUI/Drug, felony and trucking facts.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by joseph1135, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Just stay away from all drugs and you wont have anything to worry about. If you have time off drink cold beer.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    full speed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smwright37

smwright37 Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Newport,Pa
    It's been almost 3 years since I touched Alcohol and never will again behind the Wheel. I made a stupid mistake and now I'm paying for it. My Blood Alcohol Level was .06 . Really low. The Pennsylvania legal limit for Non Cdl Holders is .08. I would have been legal if I didn't have a cdl but I have a Class A so it's .04. I pulled out of a bar that my relatives frequently go to. I was wanting to spend some time with the family at the Bar they go to when I was on my home time. I left the Bar literally after 3 Beers which I thought I was perfectly fine in my own personal Car. I drank very slow when I was drinking. State Trooper Was hiding on the other side of the Bridge just waiting. And the story goes from there. So your telling me I shouldn't be able to drive 18 wheeler ever again over 3 beers. I think I was punished enough with the fines I received, the ARD classes I took, the loss of my cdl for a year and the year probation and alcohol testing I had to give all the time. To tell you the truth it wasn't a years worth of punishments it's more like a 3 to 5 year sentence over three Beers. GET REAL!!!! Now for people that have more than 1 dui no way!!!! If you didn't learn the first time you probably never will. I agree with 2nd chances depending on the situation but not 3 chances.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    full speed, SheepDog and Milkman719 Thank this.
  4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Take cover now dude! The firing squad is surely on the way!!

full speed Thanks this.
  5. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    I drink beer but I drink at home. If I ever go to a bar I would have a friend drive or I just drink water. I take no chances unlike when I was a youngster I always drove and didn't give a sheet.

full speed Thanks this.
  6. full speed

full speed Heavy Load Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Los angeles CA.
    Beers enough to pass the down time with and if your not carefull, can get you into a heap of trouble as it is.

But drugs can make you loose everything not just your cdl.
    Especially the one's associated with addiction namely meth and coke. Not to say they're not any others. Opium's and what not.

Allot of people feel they can use them recreational until they get hooked.

7. jmaegm

jmaegm Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2014
    I'm new you all and I want to get cdl. Im exactly the type you all don't approve of. Made irresponsible choices Growing up. Disfunctional family. No Guidance hope purpose goals. Counseling opened my eyes changed my thinking. Now I see how ugly I made my past look to future people. Against all odds I will succeed as I have in a different career, yet it's no longer in demand, I want to be successful to help others like me, open the door while emphasizing what you all are saying, cherish your career CDL and life freedom, I know some companies families that are ex felons and understand

8. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    The absolute best precaution that any professional driver, (trucks, buses, taxis, limousines, etc.), can take is to TOTALLY & COMPLETELY abstain from all alcoholic beverages and drugs. This alone will relieve you off the stress of worrying about being "busted" for DUI/DWI or "popping positive" on any drug screen.

I realize that drivers do take prescription medications. That would be between the driver and the company doctor.

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  9. DSP

DSP Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Is it true that if you remove all your body hair they cant do a hair sample and that they cant take from your pubic region?

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    No. It's not true. Dont do drugs, nothing to worry about.

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  11. DSP

DSP Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2014
    I dont. Its a valid question though. What do they do if you come in hairless from head to toe?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.