Dump Guys, What to put down in winter to keep loads from sticking

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by WHY NOT, Jan 7, 2022.

1. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Yea absolutely it does. But just a tiny bit in the sprayer will activate the dish soap and make it bond to the wall without all of it running down on the floor.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WHY NOT

WHY NOT Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Thanks for the ideas guys. The big tarp won't works the lime get dumped into a pit not a pile. I know diesel will just get soaked up by lime. I use it for other rock in the cold.
    I should mention all the lime I get for this is dry, not wet. It will make dust if its 15* outside and not get loaded in big chunks.
    I like the straight RV anti freeze with some dawn and a little water idea. It will be next on my list to try. (maybe my used had to much water in it)
    I mixed up some more calcium chloride with a better scale to get my mixture more correct and I am doing to give that another try this upcoming week since others I haul with said thats what they use.

4. ESAFO

ESAFO Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2022
    Hubbard, Oh
    This is all i've used for the past 13 winters driving dump, just a light coating enough to cover sidewalls & floor.
    Extreme conditions & product your hauling could stick in or around dog house, there is no getting around that but won't be alot to have to shovel.

5. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    The paper mill uses rv antifreeze for the wet residual pulp scrap.
    Trailers are emptied every day.

WHY NOT Thanks this.
  6. CanadianDude

CanadianDude Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2021
  7. Does It Matter

Does It Matter Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2022
    If you own the truck, consider upgrading to a heated bed. Exhaust is redirected TO the bed and typically spits out near the tailgate. That'll be most effective.

8. ESAFO

ESAFO Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2022
    Hubbard, Oh
    It sounds great in theory but the heat will cause moisture and moisture is what you do not want.
    You wouldn't think that at 1rst but trust me it happens, so the safety thing is calcium water or diesel & your good to go.

9. Does It Matter

Does It Matter Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2022
    You get the steam, but heated bed guys are the ones that don't seem to need their beds constantly scratched out. Diesel + dirt is an EPA fine and if the dump site screens soil to sell, they aren't going to want it contaminated with diesel.

10. WHY NOT

WHY NOT Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    I dont think Mac offers this option on a 1/2 round trailer

11. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Not the answer you're wanting but invest in a liner. I have had one in all my trailers for years, they are worth their weight in gold. Saves the floor, saves your back, and can save the trailer from falling over.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.