Dump truck contract hauling, brokers, etc

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by northmanlogging, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Obs96

Obs96 Bobtail Member

Jun 15, 2018
    How busy is Washington state ?

2. Abtriaxles

Abtriaxles Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2018
    Wow racist much? You don't need to be a jerk about things and insult people for not knowing.

SL3406 and DrDieselUSA Thank this.
  3. Abtriaxles

Aug 10, 2018
    You don't need to be a racist prick. And shouldn't judge people for not knowing. That's why there are forums like this

DrDieselUSA and SL3406 Thank this.
  4. SL3406

SL3406 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Oklahoma
    What's wrong? Did the truth hit a little close to home for you?

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  5. Abtriaxles

Aug 10, 2018
    There's no room for racism. You don't need to be racist. And man is asking a question looking for help. You don't need to have an ignorant remark. Just don't answer. And for your information. Shouldn't me angry and judge a race just because they all work harder than you.

6. SL3406

SL3406 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Oklahoma
    No one is angry here but you. I haven't used any racist language. It is my observation many who run junk equipment and haul below prevailing rates speak Spanish in my area. If you don't believe me come see for yourself.

Cutting corners on maintenance and insurance isn't my idea of a competitive edge, and I have no respect for those who operate that way no matter what race they may be.

As for the guy asking a question on here. He is like most who come on forums asking questions. He just wanted to be told what he was thinking was right, rather take advice from people who have dump trucked for decades.

7. Rolling18

Rolling18 Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Sooo no input on Dump load brokers????

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im sorry. I saw nothing of the kind here. So far.

Ive actually got a little pile of spanish words to go with the German, some french and other languages where necessary depending where in North America I happen to be.

There are immigrants who come to our Nation for 300 years to work so hard to build a life out of nothing when they got here. That includes my own line like us all. My own feelings aside, if a man or woman is working I have no problems with it whatsoever. Whatever they are made up of is irrelevant.

DrDieselUSA and Badmon Thank this.
  9. Sumtinlidat

Sumtinlidat Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Go to your local quarry or hot plants and ask the scale house who they hire for there deliveries. Most major aggregate/asphalt companies do not want to cut multiple checks to companies. They hire 1 maybe 2 companies and everyone will have to bill through them.
    I’ve never used a load board cause my truck never leaves the state and only hauls for one company. The company I work for here in Vegas is 1 of 3 companies that broker the city and much part of southern Nevada.
    If your a 1-2 man band you will soon find out your competition and who is the biggest player in the game in your area. Aggregate/asphalt work is very competitive and cut throat. If they want you to make them money they’ll help you out with work. If not you’re simply competition and will do what they have to do to starve you out.

Rolling18 Thanks this.
  10. Rolling18

Rolling18 Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    yea just a 1 truck outfit. and a new one at that, I"have a guy" who sends me to jobs but hees not a "broker" but I do need to have priority to him. BUT I still need to work when hees doesnt have anything for the day.. Its a day by day thing.

Im in Portland OR so there are a few Big companies Knife river, Cutter, Taylor, Kerr and countless smaller ones.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.