Dump truck insurance question.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Keepforgettingmypassword, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Keepforgettingmypassword

Keepforgettingmypassword Heavy Load Member

Jan 11, 2022
    What type (s) of insurance is needed. Is a 24 yarder worth the payment over a six yarder?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Should be almost the same just might be a little more on registration since they usually charge by gvw

under 150 miles will be even cheaper, cargo not needed (unless doing waste/haz)

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    A 24 yarder probably pays more then a 6 yarder. Doesn't it?

As far as insurance goes. Aggregate is cheap. Cargo insurance wouldn't be worth it.

When you can buy 30 tons for $250. And no way a claim could be filed.

5. Keepforgettingmypassword

Jan 11, 2022
    How does finding work for a dump trucks work?.
    Is it contract bidding.? Is it mainly construction removal.? Is it by the hour or by the job?

6. SL3406

SL3406 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Oklahoma
    The easiest way to get started is to work for a gravel quarry, dirt pit, or sand pit that hires O/O trucks to deliver their materials to customers. It's also possible to find large contractors who hire trucks. In all of these scenarios they will dictate the rates, and you can haul it, or hit the road. It could be hourly, tonnage, or by the load depending on how they want to pay. The hungrier the O/O's are, the more reliably they tend to show up to work, so you can expect they won't be interested in making you rich.

7. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    you walk into the nearest pit office with 2 cases of beer, slam them on the managers desk, and say I will work $5 an hour cheaper then anyone else if you put my trucks at the top of the list…

wish that was actually a joke

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Around here it's not the pits hiring trucks. It's the construction contractors. I'm not sure if there's a broker but I have a hunch at least one is around.

9. Keepforgettingmypassword

Jan 11, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.