During your first year with Stevens Transport, how many States did you drive through?

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by Iceman1984, Aug 12, 2014.

1. DDC

DDC Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    When all is said and done, how much money did you take home? That's the way I see it.
    I've been here since 05, came as a company driver, own my own truck now, and take home an average of more than $1,200 per week with hometime every 3-4 weeks.
    Not the best that's out there, but good enough for me.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    And that is what so many people forget, it is what works for you, and you are satisfied with your income.

Corporal_Clegg Thanks this.
  4. RaiderDriverJB

RaiderDriverJB Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Hunts point is in the Bronx, which is part of the five boro's of NY. I've been past it, never delivered there.

5. RaiderDriverJB

RaiderDriverJB Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Too much is made on the cpm rate. If a company gets you all the miles you can handle and pays a half way decent cpm rate, few if any complain.

When I started out three years ago and I'm still a newbie but one with some experience and am still learning, a real experienced guy said to me, what you make in cpm is not as important as the miles you drive. Somehow they do go hand in hand.

a new person just starting out should be concerned with learning how to drive a truck.

6. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    38 states and now im down to 2 left ive not hit maine and nd

7. Shoestring

Shoestring Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lehigh Fl
    just over a year with steven's now. Only states I haven't hit are, Washington, Montana, N & S Dakota, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island.

Quick question for KMac, are you a trainer? As a solo I can't seem to ever get more then about 2700 miles a week. avg about 2400. Seems like when ever I do get a good 2k plus mile run. I am running on recap and not getting enough time back to finish the run.

KMac Thanks this.
  8. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    He is solo :)

When I was solo I averaged about 2950 / wk

9. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    No, not a trainer, I just run what they give me, sometimes its good loads, sometimes crap loads but I run them. I had a week where I had 8 loads in 7 days, one was just over 100 miles, bit ended the week with over 3k... Right now I hit a good week coming off hometime. Picked up a load in Delaware, 1000 miles to Wisconsin, now a 2000 mole load to California, started my week on Wednesday and deliver the Cali load on Tuesday so 7 days, 3k miles.

I am very careful with my hours and know what I have coming back for the next four days always. I use the 8/2 split to my advantage and I trip plan meticulously and constantly. I jist really pay attention to my hours and make it work for me. I keep the left door closed and hammer down.

Of you want to discuss it further send me a pm and I'll send my phone number and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Truckie83 and bayoudreamn Thank this.
  10. Bass Ackwards Bo

Bass Ackwards Bo Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Agreed, I'm slated to report for Orientation on 5 Oct, but I haven't heard anything about being able to come home after 3 weeks... In fact, I've heard that after your 5 weeks with the trainer, you have to do another 3 weeks with another trainee.......THAT I'm not too thrilled with, if it's true! Also, I'm not too thrilled about some of their requirements. For example, they require me to have hazmat, No Reimbursement....I'm required to get a passport, because of travel into Canada & Mexico, No Reimbursement.... that's gonna be about $350-$400 outta pocket. I believe that if they require, then they should reimburse.
    But I do like most of the other info...Great Trucks, Well stocked with APU's/Inverters, WIFi, Satellite Radio

11. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    The Trainee to Trainee phase is not done any longer.
    You will be with your trainer the entire time, must complete certain skills, on line tests, miles and drive time. I don't know the exact numbers since I don't train any more. Maybe a trainer can post the exact numbers.
    They will reimburse you for Hazmat, you don't have to have a passport and don't have to go to Canada. We don't go to Mexico.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.