dutch driver in oz

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by dutchdave, Sep 23, 2012.

1. dutchdave

dutchdave Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2012
    hi everyone! My name is dave and am from holland (the netherlands as some of you may know it:biggrin_25519: ) I've been to australia 5 times for holidays and visiting family and I love it down there. I've been a truck driver over here for about 9 years (am 28 now) and thinking about going away for a year or so to work, maybe as a truckdriver in Oz. think is that I have no idea if there are employers who are willing to hire a foreigner. downside is that I dont really have a lot of nechaniacal skills either besides changing the odd tyre and small things. over here I'm away for 2 weeks at the the time so i'm not looking for a job to be home every day. just want to experience driving down there. do any of you guys have any tips or ideas? really would appreciate it a lot! regards dave

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Germy

Germy Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Hi Dave,

back then when I did it you couldn´t migrate just by beeing a truckie.
    Till the age of 30 (I think, you better look it up) you can apply for a working holiday visa. It allows you to work as whatever you want to but only for limited time with each employer.
    The perfect deal is going over there before harvest, picking up a job when farmers and contractors are desperate for drivers, working for them for 3 month, having the chance to apply for your second year (if you like) and try to get yourself another job with a good reference or even stick with them.

Have fun!

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Hey Dutchy there is a 457k visa or something by that number available the only thing is an Aussie company must sponsor you the Mining industry has been doing it for a quite a few years now due to there skilled labor shortage not sure how you'd go just getting a job with a regular transport company.
    :biggrin_2558:

5. dutchdave

dutchdave Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Hey. Thx, I've heard a lot of things about working in the mines. Will have to look into it bit more:)

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Maybe you could teach them how to make beer? :)

7. dutchdave

dutchdave Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Better idea, start a Dutch pub! :)

8. Scania man

Scania man Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Saskatchewan
    If you sell orangeboom and proper Dutch heineken I'll visit for sure!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.