E-LOGS

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bumpy, Oct 15, 2009.

1. 3408

3408 Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    Something like E-Logs should help level the playing field for all the drivers out there.

You have to know there are dispatchers handing out premium loads to their favorite drivers simply because they're willing to run illegal just to get the load delievered a little quicker than a driver who insists on running legal.

Drivers who insist on running illegal after e-logs gets up & running will soon enough be drummed out of the trucking business for good, leaving the gravy loads for those who do run legal.
    Which really, when you think about it, that's the way it should be.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    TruckerMike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    As soon as FMCSA says so and yes they will be included. It will probably be a 2-4 year implemenation once the decision is made. All drivers required to keep a log book will be required.

4. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Don't forget CSA2010! Thats going to be biting before they get ELogs or OBRD going! That right there will force drivers not to try the comic book routine to much as to many points and you are history!

A warning to you drivers that might have a few log book violations and DOT write ups and tickets in the past 3 years.. Start looking for a non trucking job or pray like crazy! Those count on you "score" They haven't put out how the scoring works yet unless I've missed it in that mess they call a chart but it probably won't be pretty OR fair!

5. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Experts say there may be 175,000 drivers forced out of the truck when CSA 2010 kicks in! Does that mean the resy of us will get a raise? DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH waiting for your raise!
    I wonder how many drivers out there today wont be able to qualify for a medical card in the next 4-5 years???
    I wonder how many drivers are going to conveinently "retire" when EOBRs become standard equipment in every truck and they CANT drive 800-1000 miles a day???

6. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona

shoot, i've seen quite a few central refrigerated trucks with the EOBR sticker. there's no way in hell i'll still be driving when those become mandated. the same if/when this company goes fully electronic.

7. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    They're coming sooner than later and that's a fact. I would guess they will be mandated in less than 5 years but probably more like the next 3 yrs. This industry is going to have to make some major adjustments when all this #### hits the fan or everyone will pay the price. Drivers walking off the job, consumers not being able to buy things in the store, and ultimately prices going sky high. Sounds great don't it? :biggrin_25521:

8. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    my truck doesnt have an EOBR sticker but it has an EOBR wtf?

I got a written warning for a couple of violations...what will that do to me on csa 2010? The violations were.....Logged sleeper for a week straight on a single page (was new), wrote NB instead of NE for nebraska. both total bull. lol.

9. 3408

3408 Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Mesa, Az
    This post is for the drivers who have placed themselves in the financial position of having to run illegal just so you can pay the bills, and are still cab happy enough to stay in the business.

You should start making the changes necessary to allow you to run legal and still make a living, sooner rather than later.

Personally, I made great money as a truck driver while running legal. As time went by, I got greedy and started running illegal to make even more money. After a few years of running illegal, I burned out on trucking all together.

Every little thing that slowed me down or got in my way pissed me off to no end, and left me very unhappy with life in general.

So, I was forced to move on to a new career and have since retired at the relatively young age of 57 years old. Had I remained in trucking and run legal, I would have been able to retire in my early 50's instead of late 50's.
    And while I never looked back after leaving the trucking business, I always understood that I screwed myself out of something I had planned on doing my whole life.

10. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    There is one minor sunny spot in the EOBR business, and that is the eliminating of the logbook as a way to crucify a driver involved in an accident. The sharks who make a career out of chasing trucking companies will stop at nothing to convince the judge/jury that somehow your logs are false and you weren't supposed to be there at that point in time. An EOBR removes that avenue and probably verifies it with a GPS tracklog.

Brickman Thanks this.
  11. TruckerMike

TruckerMike Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Chicago
    Unfortunately, your warnings will still be marks against you. It doesn't matter if you got a ticket or not. If you were stopped, it will show up. If you weren't given a warning, it would be a positive mark on your record as far as CSA 2010 is concerned. But a warning carries the same exact weight as a ticket.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.