E.W. Wylie has it all!!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by alabamasundown, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Lady_Medusa_03

Lady_Medusa_03 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Forest City Pa
    Okay spoke with wylie today in fact, the regional drivers are % but otr is miliage i'd be making 0.38 cpm with a lil over 2 years experience, to get me out they are going to see about a rental car because of my navigator (dog). They were going to fly me out if it had not been for kallisto. from what i understand on my way out they would reimburse hotel and fuel. now i'm just praying my previous company team one logistics didn't just screw my career with their b.s.

realsupatrucka Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reddove

reddove Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    Yes. If you live near the terminal I think you have to leave the truck on your home time.

4. reddove

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    06/20/14-Hourly pay:biggrin_25510:. This can be good or bad. In my opinion, they only people that should get hourly pay are the local drivers. Sometimes they have these contracts, mostly with the steel pipe companies out of Houston. They'll need 10 trucks and they don't have enough local drivers so they start pulling regional and OTR drivers to do these. You get pipe loaded from one location and drop it off in another. If it's in the local area, you'll get paid per hour ($16.00). If you go a little out of town usually around 60 miles you'll get paid per load. The per hour sucks because you'll be doing this for 1-3 days sometimes. If the customer closes early and you only worked 6 hours you are not making any money even if you do have to get there at 6am. I was home in san antonio. I thought they might of put me on that account like they did last week that was $250 per load. I got to go home every night. But noooo, I had to drive to houston to do this crappy hourly pipe load. I had a TWIC card and these pipes were picked up from a port. When I found out I was going to get paid hourly, I decided not to kill myself on this and with good reason. The dunnage was those LARGE 100 pound logs. I call them that because They were just logs with the edges made square. Half of the boards still had bark on them (These were the shipper's dunnage) I wore my weight lifter belt for this one to protect my back. Unlike the other pipe terminals I been to, the guys at this one were lazy as hell. This poor lady, about 100 pounds soaking wet was pushing the dunnage off the pipes. I ran over there to help her. The other terminal employees helped but you can tell they were slackers. I usually do 3 loads depending on certain factors but today I only did one load and the second I have in the yard along with the other pipe loads to be delivered monday. For some weird reason the loaders at the shipper took a two hour lunch break. The receiver close at 1500, so after they finally loaded our trailers it was straight to the yard to do it all again monday.

5. reddove

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    06/23/14-Pipe Ranger:They still have us picking up pipe from this port. The port must of got the mother load today. The port enterance was back up 20 trucks deep around 2 PM. Luckily we don't have to wait in line. Because I heard so many different things from different drivers, I asked my dispatcher how was I getting paid by hours or by load. I was told they have to check. Earlier today I was leaving the Cosignee and I had to make a right turn onto the frontage road. The turn was tighter than I thought, so I backed up to move over to the far left so I'll have more room to turn. Another E.W. Driver, a O/O, decided he couldn't wait for me to complete my turn. So he tried to go around. LOL. I was thinking, "He is not going to make that turn unless he goes in the grass." Guess what happened? I had to honk my horn like a mad person before he struck my truck. I couldn't back up anymore without hitting a stack of pipes. So after sitting there for 8 mintues he went over the curb and into the grass to get around me. If he would of waited for me to finish my turn (which took like 30 seconds) he'd save 7:30 mintues. People don't have patience anymore.

6. reddove

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    07/02/14-I 'm like 2 mintues from the humble yard and the truck stalls while I'm doing a left hand turn with a load of pipe. I try to start the truck again and I hear the click, click, click of the starter doing nothing. So I'm now blocking 7 lanes of traffic. The police come out to direct traffic while I wait for the tow truck. It took 15 mintues for the truck to come. I think that was the fastest arrival time of any tow truck in my truck driving history. Now I'm spending the night in the Super 8 in humble. It's actually pretty nice. The problem looks like the starter, but I won't find out until the morning. I'm still doing the pipe ranger thing. I just got my pay settlement for this friday. It turns out I'm getting paid $16 an hour to do these pipe loads back and forth. My check for two weeks after taxes? $1184.14. I'll give it another 3 months....

7. reddove

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    Here is my YTD Gross Earnings ever since I started in Apirl. $9,397.15. Now minus $755.22 federal Tax, $581.36 Social Security, and Medicare $135.96.....that per diem I was on when I was driving the pumpkin trucks looks good right about now.... lol

8. Fromallover

Fromallover Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    ummm I think at that rate you would make more at mcdicks lol

9. Triumph

Triumph Light Load Member

May 24, 2014
    Reddove, you need to tell them to pound sand. That's ridiculous pay for anyone but a rookie driver and a disgrace for a flatbed job. Just my NSHO.

10. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    And now you know why I left them a year ago. Tell Darren that Erik said Hi. Let him know that Angie is the one who hung his Razor back flag upside down.

reddove and realsupatrucka Thank this.
  11. reddove

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    07/05/14-They are going to have us do more of the pipe thing this Monday. This time from Conroe Texas to Channelview. I'm looking at other Flatbed companies. All the ones I looked at Rhoel, BTC, Boyd...The recruiters told me they aren't hiring out of San Antonio. So far only Western Express is interested. So I'm stuck with E.W. For a while. I'm planning on staying 3 more months minimum just to get enough flatbed experience so when I do leave to go with another company, I won't have to go with a trainer. After the breakdown incident, I want to try O/O once I save some more money. I want to try a no risk, walk away L/P at first just to see if I can handle it. I know L/P's suck, but I want to get with a company with a decent one where I can pick the loads, no force dispatch, ect. I have no kids, and nothing but basic house hold bills. I was going to save up money the old fashioned way, and then buy a truck in full but, at the rate I'm making money, that's going to take awhile.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.