E.W. Wylie has it all!!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by alabamasundown, Jun 17, 2013.

1. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    E.W. Wylie was a joke for me and a lot of other in Humble. Started out as regional, was lucky to run 2200/miles a week, home time for regional was maybe a 10hr. break if lucky. First "Home time" after being gone for 9 days was 4 hours. Yep, after being back for 4 hours Angie called and I was told I had to be back in the truck for another load.

I was offered the Local position that paid hourly. Wylie refused to pay Over Time (Called the state of Texas about that and filed a complaint). Once I finally got back OTR, the most miles I ever saw was 3002 (never even came close to 2500 again). Sat around the yard in Fargo for a day or longer at a time, had to sit at a shipper for 17 hours because Tony (Planner) never made the pick up appointment and then proceeded to lie about it.

Sorry, there is no way on God's green earth I would ever dream of going back to those folks.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Only if you live more than 100 miles from a terminal. 99 or less and it has to be at the yard.

4. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I'm not tough enough for EW Wiley. Lol

5. Fromallover

Fromallover Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    So Reddove how goes the battle at E.W? I was considering them, and I have been fallowing this thread. Plus i wonder if they hire in the Ohio area? if anyone knows.

6. reddove

reddove Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    I'm currently doing my 10 hour break in woodhull, il. I'm delivering my first load tomorrow in Morton.
    I'm going to have a guy named Jesse as my dispatcher. I noticed that E.W. send their trucks that are pushing 5 years down to their texas yard in Humble. I only encountered minor hills and the truck slows down on them but not to the point that I have to down shift. The Mack is SLOW to accelerate. I don't even have a heavy load only 64,000 pounds gross. The truck is saying that I'm doing 3.5 to 4.0 mpg, which is impossible because I have the cruise on mostly all the time. This just might be a glitch. I have a strong feeling that they might be getting rid of this truck soon.
    I got them to give me the first part of my 1000 sign up bonus early because currently I'm dead broke. They break the bonus down into four payments. E.W. have been really nice to me so far but I'm going to wait until the end of this year until I decide anything. Another driver at this pilot just talked to me and told me he left E.W. last year because they had him sit for days, and days because there wasn't enough loads. That has me a bit worried but I have no choice at this point because the bills have to be paid. If things don't go as well and I end up liking flatbed, I'll tough out E.W. for a year and then look for another company.

7. reddove

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    04/07/14- It's official, my load has been delivered! It was a load of what I think are axles that went to caterpillar in Morton, Il. After I pulled off the two tarps (The lumber tarp was a challenge to pull off I used my wrinch bar to hook in the D-rings as a lever to help) and folded them, four other flatbed drivers came over and helped me remove the chains and put the tarps away. I would of did it without their help but I'm thankful just the same. After that I was unloaded in like twenty minutes. Right now I'm at the truck stop close by waiting to get a load going back home to texas. Just removing the tarps was a workout! I think I'll never have to worry about getting out of shape again. lol I scanned my bills using the transflow app because the bills had to be scanned by 2pm so that I can get paid this friday. I'm eager to see my first check...

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  8. Fromallover

Fromallover Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2013
    When you get it of course but how long of a wait for your next load?....what did they say in orientation about how pay works? per mile or percentage?

9. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    I will say this and forever "shut-up" about it. I kinda sorta worked for Wylie 3 years ago BUT: I worked for a John S. who has about 12 Peterbilts leased on with Wylie.. Wylie rules..But his Trucks. The big difference was instead of having little itty-bitty fuel tanks with a what..500mi range..you had 150 gallon on each side. Instead of a 62mph governed Truck I (think) it was 72mph..

If in TX I made runs from Chicago to Houston all the time and in fact I never sat very long between loads. Nope. I'm not a John S. "pitchman" we had "our" problems however..Just telling you all of my experience there-and maybe another option for some of you.

10. reddove

Jan 6, 2013
    San antonio, Texas
    04/11/14- I just delivered a 3 stop load of balers in Arkansas yesterday. I just got a load for pick up at 6pm in blytheville Arkansas going to houston Tx. They are currently trying to work me back home to san antonio. Since the load isn't due to be delivered until monday I'm going to be in houston for the weekend. So I'll get to meet everyone at the humble yard. After driving for some time I figured out my mpg was about 5.48-5.70. I'm usually around 6.7-7.0 in the freight shaker. But this Mack is 2010 with 452,000 miles on it. It's pretty old. This truck will not go faster than 62 mpg governed. When going down a steep hill or grade it won't go faster than 65. I don't think I'm ever going to need the jake brakes lol. While I'm at the humble yard I'm going to ask if they can change these headlights. They are so dim that I had to drive with the high beams on and nobody hasn't flashed me once.
    A word about pay: I got my first pay check today. Direct deposit. Regional driver's get paid 27% of the load. You get your pay statements by email if you have one. They show you how much the company is paid before they give you your cut. I got the first installment of my bonus, plus the pay for the load which came out to $518.38 before taxes. Now the load itself was $994.00 which I got $268.38 out of it. The loaded miles was 663. I only did one load before the pay week ended and I had to scan the documents before 2pm that monday to get paid by friday.
    E-LOGS: They watch your logs carefully. Not like a hawk, but keep an eye on them and you'll be okay. They want you to do 13 minute post trips, and no 2 min inspections that sort of thing. If you go over your time for any reason just put a comment in remarks explaining the situation.

KF7WTV Thanks this.
  11. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Percentage huh? What about your empty miles? Do you get paid for those?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.