Eagle Express Lines. A good company

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by sevenmph, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mailman59

mailman59 Light Load Member

May 16, 2013
    yes, we get paid 8 hours after 24 hour layover, I broke down a few years back and the company paid 32 hours while my truck was in the shop

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mailman59

May 16, 2013
    Yes, Hoovestol and Eagle express merged a few weeks ago. Seems like a good thing to me. No complaints about the Pals Bros tho, they have taken good care of me since I started with eagle aug 2007

4. Foxxynana

Foxxynana Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    @mailman. How is that a good thing?

5. mailman59

May 16, 2013
    Because I get the feeling that Wayne Hoovestol has alot more money in his pockets then the Pals bros do. Eagle express lines has been in the red for a few years now and have had to cut back on alot of things <new equipment, freight loads, etc> to keep above water. I just think the merger will be better for all involved.

6. Foxxynana

Foxxynana Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    I sure hope so, no more teams means smaller paycheck. Since my husband is with the dubois relay team i hope they wont feel the burn as much as the drivers working at the main hub. I just have a feeling we might get the worst part. Hope not

7. mailman59

May 16, 2013
    What has been said about "no more teams" is alot of hogwash in my book, We have runs that would be impossible to run without teaming. Jersey to Denver popping into my mind. Unless they start relaying to 4 or 5 drivers in a line and that doesnt work that well when you get some wiener calling off because "snow is in the forcast" gimme a break. The mails gotta go anytime any weather and any hour, thats the way mail haulin is. I did the dubois relay a few times, nice run.

8. common30

common30 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2013
    how long a driver get to keep is run

9. mailman59

May 16, 2013
    Normally they stay on their run until they quit, retire or decide they want to get on a different run. Mail contracts get renued every 2 years so a company that has one contract may not have it 2 years down the road. Alot of times if one company loses a contract, the driver just stays on the contract and moves over to the new company. I have been on the pittsburgh-Indy run for 5 years and have no intention of changing. 2350 miles a week and 3 days at home a week.

10. mailman59

May 16, 2013
    Believe me, being away from the main hub is a good thing, and your hubby has a work schedule and a time off schedule. Alot of the new guys dont have the luxury of knowing which direction they are driving tommorow let alone next week. I did that for 3 years with the company. any run, any direction, any time of day. Was a rough way to make a living. Couldnt plan anything in advance.

11. Foxxynana

Foxxynana Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks mailman. We will wait and see how its gonna be.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.