Eating cheap at Hardees, or Carls.

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by Oldironfan, Jun 14, 2018.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Carl's jr. In San Francisco used to have all you can eat pancakes for $2.99

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I try not to eat those hardly ever. Unless I have maple syrup.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
  5. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Edit: this is long and may help you. PM me with questions

You guys really need to learn about the Keto diet if you don't know of it already.

I went from 165lbs (5'9) with a great physique to 335lbs in 3 years after I stopped training to race, and surf big waves (got married had a kid-life changed). I lost 120lbs in a year doing ZERO exercise. Just eating what I call Lazy Keto. It was easy. Get through the first few weeks and all of sudden you realize you're not hungry all the time, you have more energy, and your food bill goes down.

Most everything I learned about diet is wrong. Grains, sugar, and anything else your body can turn into carbs (sugar) is what now seems to be the root cause of all the metabolic disease's. Meat, yes red meat and the fat and cholesterol are what helps protect your cardiovascular system.

If you want to die, get diabetes, deal with disease that causes chronic inflammation continue with the 1970's "balanced diet" approach.

Losing weight isn't about will power. That will always fail. It isn't about huge amounts of exercise, that will also fail. Losing weight isn't about the through-put of calories (calories in vs calories burned).

Most of you are sugar burning machines. Your body has lost the basic ability to use fats and ketones(oxidized fat) as a source of fuel.

If you cut the carbs out (not all but most) over the course of several weeks or months your body will learn to burn fat again. You'll go from the sugar crash and being tired after every meal and needing or wanting to eat 3-4 times a day to eating maybe once or twice per day. Your body will quickly learn that fat is really good fuel and burns at much more consistent rate, and your calories will be restricted because your body isn't screaming for sugar. You will lose that tired feeling. You'll sleep like a kid again. The puffiness associated with chronic inflammation will be removed. Your blood lipids etc will normalize. You will lose weight at a rate that is commensurate with what you eat.

Everyone isn't the same. This may not work for you. If you're honest with yourself and realize that there is other ways give it try. There is thousands of scientific papers that have come out in the last 8 years. The sugar industry not only lied, but paid scientists back in the 1960's and 1970's to obfuscate the truth.

I eat maybe once a day. Last night I had a 6oz steak with a salad to add nutrients to my system. Ranch dressing made from scratch. (companies add sugar to everything) thats it. I had a cup of paleo coffee in the morning (half and half with some butter) to get me going. I won't eat till tonight again...all without will power.

If I get hungry during the day I go to Carls Jr, in and out, or where ever and get a burger. No bun, no french fries, no sugary drinks. I walk around most days not thinking about food, not being hungry, and normally I can't finish my dinner because by body reconizes that I'm full.

Search: Dr. Dom D'Agostino, Matk Sisson, Dr. Rhonda Patrick. There's lots of great podcasts (Joe Rogan) that go into deep detail. If you're driving just download one and listen.

Let me leave you with this thought. Does a male lion on the Serrangeti eat 3-4 times a day? Do they get "Hangry". No. They eat once a day maybe, and can go 14 without eating.. Here's the difference. They kill other animals with their face, and they have to be just as fast on day 1 as day 14 to literally hunt down and kill. Our metabolism isn't much different in the big picture. If you need to eat things every 4 hours, like a drug addict your body is crying out for a fix.

James j and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I think vegetables and fruit are more important to health. But many people seem to be successful with keto. But I will say it again fresh food and a truck do not happen often. Unless you empty your wallet.

7. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
  8. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    It's not hard, just gotta stop in Wal-Mart every few days

9. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I need a gas grill. Roast some peppers, onions, and meat, and beans in can, make fajitas. I'm not fancy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.