Eaton Ultrashift problems shifts at really high rpm?

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by mixingconcrete, Apr 12, 2021.

1. mixingconcrete

mixingconcrete Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Hello, we just got a 2016 kenworth t880 with the paccar mx13 engine and gen 3 ultrashift plus.
    After driving this truck for a day it seems like theres a problem with the transmission. When starting out the engine goes up to 2000 rpm and sometimes over 2000 rpm on every gear and it also feels really slow as if its in low gears. Also noticed once or twice that the engine goes to 2200 rpm and transmission wont shift for a couple seconds. Anybody know whats the deal with these? we dont have much experience with the eaton ultrashift transmissions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Are hold the go/go padal close to floor, try only giving it 3/4 or half of it when you want it to change gears to see if it changes the way it winds out before changing up to next gear?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  4. mixingconcrete

mixingconcrete Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2019
    It does it no matter how much i press on the throttle pedal. When i drive i only press half way on the throttle

baha Thanks this.
  5. Blu_Ogre

Blu_Ogre Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Out west
    I would run by a dealer and have them check parameters/programing and do a diagnostic.

Bubba's Fly By Night garage may not be sufficient.....

baha Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.