ECOTAZ =PERFORMANCE-Fuel Savings

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by The Real BRICKMAN, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris50

Chris50 Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Florida
    What exactly is the 90 day guarantee?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dairyman

dairyman <b> Hopper Thread Greeter</b>

Oct 31, 2009
    Ky.,wait'n in line
    king Q, i was purty skeptical of the whole deal myself at first,and i'm not dumb enough to not admit that there are a thousand different variables that go into fuel milage loss or gains,(proper tire inflation,rear end and tranny ratio,wind,humidity,pavement conditions,flat vs. mountain and traffic just to name a few) but here's the deal breaker for ME, I have only driven and owned ONE truck since i got my CDL and i'm still driving that same truck today,so it's all i've got to compare anything to. I run almost the same identical route 90% of the time(US150,Bluegrass PKWY,I65,Western Ky PKWY,William Natcher PKWY and back loaded between 78-79,500lbs 75% of the time. Now i know that 15,884 miles/qtr. is a drop in the bucket compared to what most folks run/qtr. but i'm not nearly as conscerned about the miles i run/qtr. as i am about $ made/qtr.:biggrin_25525: I'll continue to post my qtr.IFTA numbers, not because i'm trying to ''sell'' a product,but because i told Ben that's what i'd do,and that's what i aim to do,good or bad! If my next qtr. numbers come back at 4.5 mpg.,that's what ya'll will see:yes2557:

As far as answering your question about performance increase,there's a couple of 1.5 to 2 mile climbs on that route,1 on the west b. side of Bluegrass PKWY that i used to hit at 70-73mph at the bottom and would drop to 45-48mph over the top,dropping to 8th about 2/3 the way up(I've got an 'ol 9 speed roadranger:biggrin_25521:),i top that same hill now at 50-52 mph still in 8th,but not having to change until a tad over 3/4 the way up,and actually could do a little better but it's either lug in 9th,or rev.too high in 8th (it'd be perfect for a 12-13 split,something i'm hoping to remedy this year:biggrin_255:) .The other hard pull is on west b US150 (2 lane,55mph limit) between Springfield and Bardstown that has a rolling curve at the bottom so 50mph is where you start the climb at unless your either a better driver than me or you want to be laying on your side, i used to start that pull in 8th and go over the top at 38-42mph EVERYTIME for the last 4years, now starting in 8th i'll go over the top at 45-50mph depending on how high i want to rev the motor. Hope this helps.

Oh,and by the way,if anyone is wondering about my tank capacity and whether or not i had 200 gal. fuel sitting in the tanks on Oct.1st,well they were,but i capped off the tanks before i came in this weekend,so there full now too.

Everyone have a Happy New Year and stay safe!

112racing, ECOTAZ, king Q and 2 others Thank this.
  4. ECOTAZ

ECOTAZ Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    The 90 day money back guarantee is When you purchase an ECO-System you have 90 days to use it and if it does not work for you, just send it back for a Full refund.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  5. Nevs

Nevs Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    flyover country (Iowa)
    I just did my 4th quarter IFTA. 28,694 miles, 5320 gallons of fuel, 5.39 mpg. Bear in mind, I ran my APU every night I was out, 74 nights total, my Carrier uses .33 gallons per hour by my calculations. Ten hours per night of APU time equals 244.2 gallons of APU fuel. That brings my average up to 5.65 mpg. I know it's not great mileage, but compared to what I was doing it's a big improvement. I have also been fighting a performance issue with my fuel filter system sucking air which I think we have solved. I'm anxious to see what next quarter does. Given the winter blend fuel and considering I'm loaded to gross or very close to it 90% of the time, I'm encouraged. As a point of reference, my last IFTA was 5.40 mpg with very limited APU usage. I'll post again periodically and at the end of the first quarter.

ECOTAZ Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i don't see any comments as to how long that thing lasts. and how often it needs to be changed out.

7. ECOTAZ

ECOTAZ Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Our longest running units have been on heavy equipment that were installed nearly 12 years ago and still operating today. Many on Motor Graders, Front End Loaders and Dozers. On Trucks Most trucks wear out before the unit. In fact you can take the unit off of a truck you are trading or retireing and install on the next truck. As for Maintenance, there is none, that is why we install after the fuel filter. Hundreds of School buses that are over 8 years now.
    see www.etieco.com

8. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    I'm adding 5 of these in series in hopes that they will activate the 5 Turblow 2000s and get the Aircells I stacked up in the intake to work... :biggrin_25524: :biggrin_2559::biggrin_25512:

Just Kidding! :biggrin_25517:

dairyman and SHC Thank this.
  9. SmoothShifter

SmoothShifter Defender of the Driveline

Sep 10, 2010
    Feura Bush, NY
    Everyone is affected because your winter blend is cut with kerosene. I took a snippet of this page, but if you want to understand it fully, it's good reading. And they are schilling using additives instead of cutting fuel, but when you typically buy fuel up North, it's been cut anyway.

http://www.ezoil.com/Resources/Kerosene_Blended_Diesel_Fuel.html

AfterShock and ECOTAZ Thank this.
  10. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    You might be onto something. Slap on enough gimmicks and it might actually work!:biggrin_2559:

Dice1 Thanks this.
  11. ECOTAZ

ECOTAZ Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    When you put just one on, you will see that it will do as it has for all the professionals that have tested and proven the ECO-System. No need for more than one.
    No Kidding!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.