Edited TQL confirmation

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Sonny B, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Sonny B

Sonny B Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2023
    I’m a company driver working for %, and I have a suspicion they send me edited TQL confirmation screenshots. What do you guys think about this one? The reason I’m asking is because a driver right next to me (owner) goes to the same town, through TQL too, for $1000

[​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    DAT is showing an average of like $900 on that lane. It doesn't mean they're not paying your carrier $500, but I would be suspicious. If you are not getting significantly more from the previous load that got you there, and/or the load you will be picking up after, then I would worry about how your company is doing business. I would say they are either lying to you, or they're running at numbers that I would not consider sustainable.

I'm not sure exactly what the regulations require for percentage employees, but hopefully you have the right to see the rate con directly from TQL. I'd say you might want to consider working for someone you can trust, and if you can't trust them, at least they should pay well.

Nostalgic and Sonny B Thank this.
  4. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Thats a hefty fuel surcharge there, but i dont know reefer well enough to know if that seems correct or not

As a company driver, i assume you are getting a % of the linehaul only. So while theres no obligation for them to pay you any amount of the fuel surcharge, it also seems that if they are fudging things, thats their justification.

5. Sonny B

Sonny B Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2023
    So you think even though that driver got the same load going to the same receiver in Clackamas for a $1000 AND it was through TQL, too, still doesn’t 100% mean those cats lying to me? Does the price depend on a company rating/record? I tried to contact TQL and to ask them to confirm the price for me but they refused. Next time I will try to just ask to email me the load confirmation in PDF.

6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    $500 X30% =$150 \ 244 miles = .614 per mile…..

it is kinda suspicious

7. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    You are a company driver the 1000 is the full amount, including fuel surcharge, as a company driver you dont get a cut of fuel, 244 miles at 35 cpm fsc + reefer of say 100$ would be closer to 814$ linehaul.

They ARE fudging numbers, but not QUITE as bad as you think

8. Sonny B

Sonny B Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2023
    I understand but 6 pm pickup-9 am next day delivery = $150 a day = minimum fooking wage.

Cat sdp Thanks this.
  9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    How long have you worked for this company?

10. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    I don't know anything about anything reefer in the PNW, but it's pretty easy to edit a pdf. Flat rates have less fields to change, but something billed out per mile would make it a lot easier to catch them slipping up IF they are fudging.

AsphaltFarmer and Sonny B Thank this.
  11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I mean, you are the one who chooses to work there.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.