ELD causes truck to turn off?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by TruckerDaisy, Aug 7, 2018.

1. American hero

American hero Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2019
    HELLO: a driver told a journalist that “My ELD was acting up, so Omnitracs rebooted it 5 times. I was going 60 mph on a two lane road, and when the ELD shut down, so did my engine, 5 times”, which creates an unreasonable safety risk. Hacking trucks: Cybersecurity and the ELD mandate.

2. American hero

American hero Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2019
    Already the signs of the ELD malfunctioning are being written about by drivers in ……….online blogs: Below is a brief Blog exchange already noting the ELD ……….malfunctioning.

Bob posted this: I think my ELD is smoking crack. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Jim- every morning

Ace- ours is fine, but we did get a message to say don’t call they know there is a problem ..and will have it fixed as quickly as possible. May the Force be with us.

Sue- Mine was flashing all kinds of crazy crap late this afternoon.

Renny- Mine had a large fit because I didn’t take my 30 minute break.

Tom- Mine doesn’t like me, but then again, I don’t like it either!!!!

Rocky- Mine says I have 70 hours to run, even tho I started working at 7 am.

Mary- Mine says the same thing.

Erv- Hmm, my paper logs never refused to let me write on them, except when my ….pencil broke. lol

3. Mahoganyshouse

Mahoganyshouse Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2019
    We are using Verizon Connect and since installed the stop engine light came on.

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    That is messed up. The eld doesnt need to record that much data or have any control. It should read ecm for all the information it needs and nothing more than that

TallJoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.