ELD Exemption for single truck operations?

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by LandslideRich, Apr 27, 2017.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I did the elog thing for 2 months. Cut in pay. And not everyone can function around the clock.

I've never been able to sleep 8 hours. Never. And I sleep much better at home in a thick cushy silent bed. Then in a truck on a 3 inch mattress surrounded by noise.

Sorry. But I made better money on computer. I'll never be convinced elog pays better. Unless your paychecks sucked to begin with.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    The hos is the same regardless of your on paper or elog. So I gather from you and everyone else that are against elogs that the reason why you guys are against them is because you know you have less wiggle room When it comes to back logging.

I get why you guys don't like elogs, I hear it from my dad almost weekly. But if your not able to correctly manage your times on elogs, then you want running legal to begin with

Just my opinion

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Looks to me, like some of you running elogs aren't running legal either.

Difference between us and you. We control our logs and not the office.We don't need to make a phone call.

Those of you that love the idiot boxes. Can only praise your time management. While never taking into consideration the millions of ways that idiot can screw you.

You tell us that we can't manage our time. It's actually the other way around. We just prefer to manage our time more smarter. But as far as time management goes. NONE of you can control it either. Who wants to spend their entire 14 sitting at the docks. Or be spending the night out on the road 5 minutes from home or destination. Or get held up in traffic for an accident or whatever. You PLANNED your trip. But now your plan is screwed up. And YOU have to park it in teh boonies. For your 10.

Those are just a couple of examples. None of you will admit too. Because you love your box SO MUCH. All the negatives that outweigh the positives aren't even discussed.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  5. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Say what you want, but it's obvious no one here will change your mind. In the end your ignorance is showing, and I for one welcome when there is one less driver out here #####ing about something he's got little to no knowledge about

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Western flyer Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    After 15 years of driving. I know they aren't worth scrap. That's something. And I did use em for 2 months.

And I'll still be on the road. WITHOUT em.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Hey, if your able to circumvent the rules, by all means... But your insinuation that just because I use and like them means I'm less of a driver is asinine at best.

So what, you used them for 2 whole months. Congratulations, your previous comments tell me you didn't understand how to use then very well, or your company has restricted specific things from you using them.

8. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I still don't get where you guys get off telling drivers who don't want those intrusive boxes how we're the scoff laws. There are plenty of ways to falsify elogs, and there are plenty of reasons besides wanting to run willy-nilly without them. What I especially don't understand is how you want surrender more liberty, and you tell us we should give them up. Pulease!

9. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    And I bet you never drive even 1 mph over the speed limit, use you turn signal 100.0000000000% of the time, never ever go through on a yellow when you should have stopped! Would you like a device that would give you a ticket for every single toe you've put over the line? I'm guessing you wouldn't.

snowwy Thanks this.
  10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    It's more like I QUIT. Because I didn't want the D--- thing on my truck. Certainly not for less income. AND having the office call me every d--- day because I keep slamming on my brakes. At 35 mph. Because the speedometer dropped dead. Because the speed sensor was bad.

I refuse to drive myself into the ground 11 straight hours and suck my thumb for 10 hours. And 5 million other reasons those things SUCK

11. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    So y you refused to use one because you purposefully drove a piece of #### truck, that had maintainence issues that you couldn't get fixed, then you make claim that you couldn't handle the hos rule on a 10hr break? But yet we're the ones unsafe because we do? Pot meet kettle, you hypocritical #######.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.