ELD provider recommendation

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by strucking18, Feb 21, 2024.

1. strucking18

strucking18 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2021
    Howdy,
    We currently use Motive(KeepTruckin) for our ELD provider. They work pretty good, but our current unit is constantly causing us problem. We obviously don't want to take the time to call them every other day to have them tell us to unplug it AGAIN, so I called today to ask them to send us a new unit. They will not because they say ours is fine.

I may have to switch ELD providers as this is really causing issues for our company.

Does anyone have an ELD provider they would recommend? What do you like about them, and what are they shortcomings?

Thanks for your help!
    Kris

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FLHT

FLHT Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Depending on what you are using on your Motive Apple or Android ?
    Every time their is an update we had to delete the app on computer or phone.
    Then reinstall if Motive had fixed the patch.

4. Agtrucker

Agtrucker Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2011
    E road… small and simple, we’ve been running it for probably 3 yrs or so… had jj Keller before and it seems like one of the 20 of us was on tech support daily for a couple hrs.

scroll down the page to the picture I uploaded. That’s the system we have..
    Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Solutions | EROAD USA

Attached Files:

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
  6. HDFatboy

HDFatboy Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    PA
    How much is platform science per month? I have 1 truck. I had the omnitracs IVG (~$24/mo) until the 4g rollover and then they didn't want to deal with a 1 truck operation. Now I have Motive (Keep Truckin) at $50/month but am not too happy with them. Interested in platform science and would just need ELD features plus IFTA tracking.

7. Tupperware Tornado

Tupperware Tornado Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2024
    Morning. i ad motive for almost 4 years, went through well over 10 units because theirs kept crashing, logging drive time when i wasnt even moving or asleep, wouldnt keep correct odometer readings, so on and so forth. i finally said screw it. i bought the Garmin Elog and OTR1010 and have been running that for over a year with 0 issues. i can edit what i need to edit without having to call anyone, it keeps accurate mileage, i can do my ifta, along with alot of other things. i personally recommend it but it may not be for everyone. no subscription. buy the elog adapter and a splitter on amazon for 125 vs 250+ in the truck stops.

Vitkouski Thanks this.
  8. Meonthenet

Meonthenet Bobtail Member

May 9, 2019
    Hey Tupperware. I got the OTR1010 as well. Got it all figured out except the exporting/sending the RODS to myself. I create the RODS report, save it to the device, then click export, and it says there's no app that can complete this function? There's no email app. no instructions on how to install an email app. There's no app store on the device...
    I can see the saved RODS in the saved files, the OTR1010 cant open them. Garmin Express can access them. I can't find then USB to my PC??? Garmin's instructions SUCK!!! Nothing!
    Can you tell me how you send them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.