Eld relay not reading truck movement shut down please help

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Traveler110, Feb 14, 2020.

1. anthonyar4

anthonyar4 Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2019
    You literally quoted a regulation that proved I was right. Idk what you don’t understand. His eld malfunctioned. Per the FMCSA:
    The recording of the driver's hours of service on a paper log cannot continue for more than 8 days after the malfunction; a driver that continues to record his or her hours of service on a paper log beyond 8 days risk being placed out of service.Apr 9, 2018
    upload_2020-2-22_23-35-49.png
    Home | FMCSA › elds

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. anthonyar4

Jun 8, 2019
    I see what your saying now. The 30 day part your right on that. That’s all you had to say lol and if you said that cool. Thought you we arguing something else.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I'll re-post the regulations. Did you read the red highlighted sections? There is no 8 day requirement for the driver. Its only for the motor carrier that that has that requirement. The regulations specifically states the driver to continue to use a paper log until it's fixed.
    Now if you want to argue the motor carrier can get in trouble on day 9, you would be correct (assuming no granted extension, of course), but not the driver.

After this I'm done. I cannot add anymore as the regs are very specific on the drivers responsibility vs the motor carrier responsibility.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. anthonyar4

Jun 8, 2019
    Right. But ultimately it’s up to the motor carrier to enforce

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.