ELD to Paper Logs help needed.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Barricadebouncer, Feb 20, 2024.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Even if you use an app or ELD, you need to know how to log on paper when the electronic one doesn't work. Learn to use paper BEFORE it's an "emergency".

Tall Mike, W923, drh72 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Every day must be logged, so if you have a day off you need to draw a line for 24 hours off duty, if you have multiple days off you may draw one log and write the dates on the bottom.

I usually fill out all info along with where I’m starting, and off duty till the end of my 10, i usually don’t draw a line until some point during my day, just make sure you know where your credit card and pen are so you can do it quickly if you see lights behind you, usually can get it done in the 15 seconds it takes him to walk to the truck providing you aren’t too far behind, (make sure you come back down on duty) just make sure fuel and tolls line up, remember it’s quarter hour, not to the minute, so supposed to be a 7 minute window but I’m horrible at telling time in the truck so sometimes I may accidentally push it to the following half, all depends on the day,

W923 Thanks this.
  4. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    welcome to the dark side...:confused3:

Numb Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.