ELDs are going to get people hurt/killed

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by shatteredsquare, Mar 18, 2018.

1. SixShooterTransport

SixShooterTransport Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2018
    If you had enough integrity to follow the rules that govern the industry you choose to be in then we wouldn’t be in this situation. I never said that I agree with the HOS. You talk about “window lickers” being too dumb to evolve, but you’re using that in an effort to defend your own refusal to evolve with the industry. Hypocrisy at it’s finest.

We (as drivers) don’t write the laws, we just have to abide by them if we want to stay in the industry. Anyone who is unable or unwilling to do that is free to do something else for work. Personally, I’m looking forward to a lot of the stubborn old guys leaving. The more drivers we lose the higher my rates go

The only possible way that an ELD could be costing you money is if you were cheating in the first place. The HOS aren’t changing, so if your miles are reduced or your gross income is reduced then it’s because your gravy train has come to an end.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Yea we can hope maybe theyll fix the HOS a little bit too then

4. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    "All the mega carriers, therefore a majority of all the drivers, have been on ELogs for a long time."

Thanks to lazy union drivers

5. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    Hey genius, newsflash, I’m not a mega fleet wheel holder like a lot of you cheerleaders on this site. Eld are not free to us and the “good” ones that are reliable are not cheap and most even have a monthly subscription..

Rates are up because the economy is up. Not because of eld.. I know cnn won’t tell you trump is doing a decent job.. even if there was a bump from eld the industry would adapt again and figure out a way to undercut everyone else to drive rates lower.. that’s where you megas come in with your 30cpm drivers and your 8mpg aero rigs to be able to run cheaper than everyone else and have the manpower to repower loads all day long.. the ata and megas didn’t push eld on us for safety.. get you heads out of you ___.. these leaches only see green and wouldn’t have sunk all that money into eld passing if they didn’t have some kind of special interest..

Seems you wheel holders have one argument, all of us hands against eld are outlaws.. that same mentality says all of us who didn’t like Obama were racist..

I have no respect for Any man who does not have a problem with special interest groups buying and paying for new regs, dictating free market and dictacting personal property.. You sheeple will be the death of this industry with your eld, drive cams, speed limiters and every safety sensor you can think of.. Us older hands got into this industry for the free market and the freedom that came along with this job, left up to you mega wheel holders it will all be lost and y’all aren’t even smart enough to get it.. I used to not hold lack of experience and knowledge against anyone, but now seems every moron with a keyboard can spread that same false knowledge to other morons who just don’t know any better and then the cycle continues..

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  6. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Very well said, sir. I wholeheartedly agree. Speaking of ELD cheating outlaw steering wheel holders, there's plenty of threads here about guys cheating ELD. Actually, the cheating is built right into the legislation like "yard moves". Please, it's DRIVE TIME log it as such.

7. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Don’t forget the fake pre trips, not logging on duty while loading/ unloading, creeping around the truck stop as to not trip the drive line. BUT it’s all done on ELOG! S o I guess that couldn’t be considered outlaw activity ...

DSK333 Thanks this.
  8. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Truckers will straight walk into the cages of interest groups. What’s the common denominator though, it’s usally company drivers for the Megas that run free willingly into these cages.

Their the ones who don’t really have any skin in this game. Their opinions don’t have much value. No disrespect as a person, but if your not involved in the business side of trucking then none of these rules really make a difference to you. So just drive your truck and talk to your company driver buddies about how elogs don’t affect your money, and how the outlaw truckers are ruining things while you continue to do the same petty lie’ing on your elogs.

It’s amazing how a group of people in d c, a 10 mile place, that DOESNT even allow trucks in it, has the American trucking population divided like this; into the self righteous elog drivers, and people who can think by themselves and choose to keep the American spirit alive in trucking. If you want to be more regulated, more casterated, then please keep walking into those cages!

Oh but understand this; 350,000 people are independent owner ops (last stats I read), so that’s under 1% of the American population. So it’s very easy to point the finger with strength in numbers. But that one percent is a tough bunch, independent thinkers, truck drivers, owners, mechanics, dispatchers, accountants, safety and compliance officers, and more, all within one person. Kind of like that movie 300.

Oh and can an outlaw write with words like this? According to many truckers, no. Not to brag but the ones with skin in this biz have to be intelligent, have to have common sense, have to know how to get things done. Not all independents are outlaws, very few are actually - but many company drivers for the megas struggle with the most basic parts of this industry. If they didn’t then “hiring & retaining quality drivers” wouldn’t be the biggest challenge this industry faces. Think about that

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Isafarmboy, DSK333, Lite bug and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    No im sure not i actually saw some steel hauler down in norfolk nebraska creeping from one of the steel yards there down to the loves

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  10. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    We have been adjusted to make up for ELD to the point where we have mostly poor weeks, and the outside carriers, who don't have the small office watching their's get more and more, cross docking has become excessive, because a guy who doesn't know better gripes about sitting and 'wasting' his 14, and the guy in the next area, who doesn't care about wasting your time, is upset because you're 20 minutes late because of the hos.

Or that idiot slow running the loop in downtown Chicago. Or those who had their company decide to switch to ELDs from AOBRDs, and now lose hours per week of line 3 because they can no longer pooch drive the stoplights to save drivetime. Yes, it affects everyone, whether they want to admit it or not. Especially if you don't have time and can't get by those cheating the ELDs.

MACK E-6 and DSK333 Thank this.
  11. sanchez498

sanchez498 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Minnesota
    This is all i have to say

Attached Files:

Makeajump and SixShooterTransport Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.