Electrical Fault Ramdomly appears

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by ActionJackson350, Feb 17, 2021.

1. ActionJackson350

ActionJackson350 Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2018
    I have a 2012 International Prostar with the Maxxforce 13. Purchased just over 8 weeks ago. Dpf has been deleted along with egr. Truck continues to randomly have a electrical fault SPN2000 -9 and SPN 2000-19, all which say Body Controller ECM datalink comm failure. Odd thing is, it cycles about every 8-10 days? I can disconnect battery to reset it and wait at least 30 minutes and it fires up and runs. I changed out ignition relays and wiper relays because the time before my wipers quit working. Now my lights by my sun visors arent working for some reason. Could the body controller cause no power to the ecm and keep it from starting? Truck will turn over when the fault appears but will not start. Maybe a short in the ignition? I read several post with HeavyD on here and a guy ran a new power supply to the ecm and has had no more problems. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and I am a novice at this electrical stuff so be gentle. Yes I know Maxxforce had a bad rep so please no useless replies.

baha Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.