Electrical Fault with a 2009 International Prostar

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by rosatransportation2014, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Ame

Ame Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Yes. I had the same problem for year and half and finally it's solved after Forget how much money wasted in nessery parts replaced. The bottom line was like Heavy D said it many times it was ignition lose to half the truck so they just replaced wiring from ignition to fuse panel and from fuse panel to the ecm. What ever you do don't start replacing expensive part start from the wiring.
    I'm really thankful to heavy d and all the people who post this great advice to help owner operators.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. swaggerjacker

swaggerjacker Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    You said it all right there man. Right there. I appreciate all you guys who take the time to answer questions. Even the ones that come with a tongue lashing. Because at the end of the day, the info was still shared. And, well, sometimes we deserve to be scolded.:oops:

phobosdeimos and Heavyd Thank this.
  3. Whitebeardpig

Whitebeardpig Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2017
    I have a k r scan guage and that give me codes and I have to look them up. I had a electrical fault can't remember the code but diagnosis was check the wires from ecs and fuses. Took it to the dealer and they charge 1100 but never said what they done (really) but check behind air filter for something.

4. C15headache

C15headache Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Hello I have a 2010 prostar I have no power to the left side Driver door.

5. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    There's a virtual fuse for that in the body control module. Disconnect the main positive/red cable from the batteries for 15 minutes to reboot the body control module. Its the cable on the tallest terminal with the cone shaped cap. I have the same problem on my 2011Prostar about once a year. Btw, that window/lock switch on the left door costs over $500.

Frank

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Check breaker F9-A.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  7. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    @Heavyd
    My 2011 was built June, 2010 and in service was December, 2010. My F-9-A is a 30amp fuse labeled 2 way radio. When I first had the left door combination switch panel quit I couldn't find a fuse or relay, called a dealer, was told about the BCM virtual fuse and disconnecting the batteries.

Now, what I'd really like to know is the location of the relay or fuse for the rear HVAC blower motor. (It has a Webasto bunk heater which I'm told is a completely separate system.) There's no fuse or relay in the side box or the front fuse panels.

BTW, a huge thanks Heavyd for all your help over the years I've had this truck. I just made the final payment at 780,000 miles and I've no doubt I'll be looking to you for guidance in the future.

Frank

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Heavyd Thanks this.
  8. C15headache

C15headache Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Wow thanks fo all the information guys really good intell. An yes it works now definitely saving all of you guys information. Thanks again.

Heavyd and A21CAV Thank this.
  9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Thanks for the kind words, and congrats on that final payment!
    The door pods only communicate with the body controller, they are not powered by it through virtual fuses, they definitely have 30 amp breakers in the main panel. Both my 2007 to 2010 diagram and 2010 to now diagram show F9-A is for the drivers side, F9-E for the passenger side. There are typos sometimes and that diagram for your breaker layout can be hard to follow or printed differently.
    Sleeper blower should be F7-E 30 amp. You likely have an Airtop unit. It is separate and I believe has a little fuse box where it connects to the batteries.

A21CAV Thanks this.
  10. Daziggyman

Daziggyman Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2017

I'm having the same problem heavy only the truck won't crank at all checked all fuses on passenger side and checked fuses by driver side I replaced the abs module and body control module and still nothing any help would be great I have a gallon of gas and a match that I'm ready to use lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.